• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Preferred Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preferred Agent

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my first contract. The client has asked me to choose an agent from their preferred list, register with the agent and let client know. The process with then go from there.

Do you have any recommendation from the list of agents below? Or is it just "a finger in the air type" choice?

List of agents:
    CBS Bulter, IQUO, Kelly Services, LA International, Modis (Adecco), NCC Group (SDLC), Hemmersbach, PS Computer Services, Rullion IT, Synergize, Tech Mahinhdra, Experis UK.

Thank you very much.

You can get good people at bad companies, and bad people at good companies.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Not worked with any of those myself, but I'm sure others will be along to provide feedback.

Three tips from me though...

1 - Try and avoid the Opt Out stuff if possible.
      2 - Try and avoid giving references. (Check the sticky)
      3 - Make sure you know the payment terms (The best ones will pay within a week)
      4 - Get over to general a shout "Boomed", congrats and welcome. Here's some to start you off...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        You can get good people at bad companies, and bad people at good companies.
        True, but IME that's a good list of bad companies...

If it has to be one of them, go for LA. However you're bringing them the business so argue for no more than 5% margin
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by mokster View Post
          Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my first contract. The client has asked me to choose an agent from their preferred list, register with the agent and let client know. The process with then go from there.

Do you have any recommendation from the list of agents below? Or is it just "a finger in the air type" choice?

List of agents:
          CBS Bulter, IQUO, Kelly Services, LA International, Modis (Adecco), NCC Group (SDLC), Hemmersbach, PS Computer Services, Rullion IT, Synergize, Tech Mahinhdra, Experis UK.

Thank you very much.
          I have worked with Modis and Experis in past. Nice people, and prompt payment.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            However you're bringing them the business so argue for no more than 5% margin
            Not sure the options available to OP are, but I was hired direct and made to go through agency. I already head my day rate agreed, what the agency got, not my problem.

Comment

Thank you very much!

I think most of the contractors with the client using Modis so I might contact them, and will also contact Experis for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ1982 View Post
                Not sure the options available to OP are, but I was hired direct and made to go through agency. I already head my day rate agreed, what the agency got, not my problem.
                Ermm...

So you agreed £400 with the client. The agency do the job at a not unreasonable 9% margin giving a total cost of £440 to the client, but you've agreed a 5% margin so you get £418 out of the £440. That's 4.5% pay rise for no effort...

Always pay attention to the margins. That's where the money is,
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Ermm...

So you agreed £400 with the client. The agency do the job at a not unreasonable 9% margin giving a total cost of £440 to the client, but you've agreed a 5% margin so you get £418 out of the £440. That's 4.5% pay rise for no effort...

Always pay attention to the margins. That's where the money is,
                  No margin, just agreed my day rate direct with client, which I get from the agency. What the client pays the agency, not my issue, I get what I asked for.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ1982 View Post
                    No margin, just agreed my day rate direct with client, which I get from the agency. What the client pays the agency, not my issue, I get what I asked for.
                    OK, I understand that. Not sure you do, but as long as you're happy with what you get...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X