• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Clipper" and "Leech" intermediary businesses involved in contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Clipper" and "Leech" intermediary businesses involved in contracting

I placed a one page CV on the various job boards some time ago. Everyone, I know gets the permanently unsubscribable i-Profile emails amongst the other junk mail, and yet, I today found something new in my promotion inbox: an unsolicited email from a business called BITE Consultancy http:// biteconsulting.co.uk/ - BITE Consulting - IT Contracting in the UK & London and LMFAOL.

Do you want an IT Contract Job in London, Fast?

Well November is make or break for many IT contractors because the guillotine that is the Christmas season is rapidly approaching and it is very difficult to gain an IT Contract or Interim job in December. What few jobs are secured are either earned in November or for January starts.

So how can you take the pressure off and ensure you find IT contract work in London or a Interim job in the UK?

To quote an old saying “he who does not prepare prepares to fail”. The problem is that preparation and organisation takes time and there is very little of that left.

We can help. We are a career management consultancy for IT Professionals that mainly want to target the South East and London areas for exciting and challenging contract opportunities, for the right rate for their skills and experience!
    Newbies! This is for your education. Please DON'T THIS.

(There are better ways to find a contract and it is probably not helpful to add yet another intermediary between you and the client.)

PS: Our Alsatian dogs, the esteem grammaticians, I am now releasing the clip to your tether, go and get 'em now!

But it's revolutionary and they offer Contractor Coaching & Mentoring services.....what's not to like.....

Comment

Originally posted by Midland White View Post
      But it's revolutionary and they offer Contractor Coaching & Mentoring services.....what's not to like.....
      I suppose it is up to the individual to decide if they need help getting a job or not. I went back to the home page of their website and I re-read their offer there.

No Job no fee guarantee disclaimer: Under the 10 step job search program, we can’t help you get a job unless you regularly visit our offices, attend training sessions and utilise the support provided to you. We work face to face with real people and you must work with us to help you. If then you don’t gain a job in the agreed time having attended the whole 10 step career coaching programme and used our job search database correctly we won’t charge you a penny!
      Are these sort of companies, like Bite, helpful to contractor? Has anyone actually used them or a company like them? How did they improve your chances?

Comment

It's illegal for agencies to charge for finding you work, but it's not illegal to charge for the fripperies around looking for work, eg
        • CV fluffing
        • 'mentoring'
        • advice on interview techniques
        • anything else with which they think they can hook you.

So these types of companies see candidates as well as clients as marks.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X