• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Role Offered Direct With Client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role Offered Direct With Client

I have been offered a contract with one of the main blue chip organisations.

Their contract offer has been sent via email covering the following bullets, and nothing else.

· Start Date:
    · Duration Period:
    · Daily Rate:
    · Payment Type:
    · Client Name:
    · Department:
    · Reporting Manager:
    . Insurances Required:

Now, I would expect to have a more substantial contract in place even though, or maybe even more so, no agency is involved - can anyone advise ?

I assume you turned up to interview on the right day?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 13 November 2014, 19:37.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Their contract offer has been sent via email covering the following bullets, and nothing else.

· Start Date:
      · Duration Period:
      · Daily Rate:
      · Payment Type:
      · Client Name:
      · Department:
      · Reporting Manager:
      . Insurances Required:

Now, I would expect to have a more substantial contract in place even though, or maybe even more so, no agency is involved - can anyone advise ?
      Yes, you need a contract in place, not a shopping list. If you're an IPSE member, you can download the template for direct engagements (which is different than the template for an agency arrangement):

https://www.ipse.co.uk/advice/contra...ngaging-client

In that case, there's no need to have the contract reviewed (unless it's altered - cue Mal), but you should be clear about your working practices (e.g. have them reviewed) and consider a Confirmation of Arrangements.

With a direct engagement, scrutinise the payment terms carefully and expect to chase payments. I spent half a day this week chasing payments

Comment

Go direct whenever you can, the only downside is payment but once you are in the cycle no problem. Anything that cuts out the blood suckers who do f**k all for their money has to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

· Start Date:
          · Duration Period:
          · Daily Rate:
          · Payment Type:
          · Client Name:
          · Department:
          · Reporting Manager:
          . Insurances Required:

I personally wouldn't risk it without a contract. Can 'Reporting Manager' be replaced by 'Client Representative' ?

Comment

Make sure you have a real contract in place before you start - IPSE if you are a member or Qdos if you aren't provide free IR35 examples.

Ensure that the right person signs it off, try to get some decent payment terms in there, and fill your boots.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X