• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No notice for me, 1 week for them - 3 monther

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No notice for me, 1 week for them - 3 monther

Good for IR35 I guess....

Seen a few like this recently. Won't budge on the no notice but able to get rid with no problems with short notice from them.
    Also, weekly invoicing and 30 days payment terms. Could be worse but current gig is paying within 3-4 days. Not the end of the world though.

Pretty good rate though so taking all into consideration....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

- all fairly standard contract clauses
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      - all fairly standard contract clauses
      Yep we have no work so bye....

3 months is also typical.

However this is a professional forum and there is nothing in your post that warrants posting in a professional forum... So nowt to see move along....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Good for IR35 I guess....

Seen a few like this recently. Won't budge on the no notice but able to get rid with no problems with short notice from them.
        Also, weekly invoicing and 30 days payment terms. Could be worse but current gig is paying within 3-4 days. Not the end of the world though.

Pretty good rate though so taking all into consideration....
        For a short contract the notice wouldn't bother me as long as you still have standard IR35-friendly clauses which mean should you be taken ill or have a family emergency, you are covered.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Same with my current gig. When I asked about it my line manager happily changed it to 4 weeks on both sides.

Comment

FFS, why has every 'normal' contract clause got to be blown up out of proportion? Get your contract reviewed by B&C. You can even ask them questions like this.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              FFS, why has every 'normal' contract clause got to be blown up out of proportion? Get your contract reviewed by B&C. You can even ask them questions like this.
              There is no question.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                There is no question.
                Not in so many words, no. So the post was just made to share one of his clauses with us all which is pretty standard in many contracts, was it?

And that's a rhetorical question in case you ask.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Not in so many words, no. So the post was just made to share one of his clauses wih us all which is pretty standard in many contracts, was it?
                  Probably. It follows the vast majority of the OPs threads that are in the same vein.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Seriously WGAS. You have been around long enough to know any conversation about notice is pretty irrelevant when it comes down to the wire, especially when it's this mundane and uninteresting.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X