• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contracting with a dissolved Company.. Recruitment agency didn't notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In prep for this gig pimp wanted a copy of bank statement showing MyCo name and address along with the sort code/account number before they paid up.

I assume due diligence can be missed in the heat of the moment, but if OP is saying several contracts (I won't get onto how he has come in to possession of several contracts when every one of mine has been emailed to me) I think there is more to this than meets the eye

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      In prep for this gig pimp wanted a copy of bank statement showing MyCo name and address along with the sort code/account number before they paid up.

I assume due diligence can be missed in the heat of the moment, but if OP is saying several contracts (I won't get onto how he has come in to possession of several contracts when every one of mine has been emailed to me) I think there is more to this than meets the eye

It does lead one to suspect he has actually done this but now, someone has done a little digging and there's a bit of panic setting in and the cover up is about to go mammaries up.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

The OP is in the process of having his company struck off for non compliance and wants to know if he has to tell the agent or whether he can keep quiet and carry on regardless.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          The OP is in the process of having his company struck off for non compliance and wants to know if he has to tell the agent or whether he can keep quiet and carry on regardless.

HTH
          Then he needs to read his contract.

The contract will have a clause in it that states something along the lines of if either company is insolvent or otherwise ceases to exist then the contract between the parties is void.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Then he needs to read his contract.

The contract will have a clause in it that states something along the lines of if either company is insolvent or otherwise ceases to exist then the contract between the parties is void.
            Only if the agency finds out.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Reply to all, and more info

Hi all,

This is the first time on this forum and I have really looked into this thoroughly because the last thing I want to do is cause an issue without facts, or be wrong but some of this advice is more helpful than some of the agencies I have spoke to.

So a little more detail

Stevie Wonder Boy
              It isn’t me who has done this, but I have a horrible dread I may be dragged into it as it is my ex partner (not in business), a couple of things appeared at my home address addressed to the limited company he set up when he began contracting again in the UK. Then an enforcement, then I decided to do some digging, it wasn’t hard, I checked the company name on Companies House (I had created the business cards) and saw it was dissolved, thought that was odd and then I saw the date Sept 2011.

Personally he owes me money (which ill probably never get back) and an immediate family member is enforcing a judgement against him for money he owes that he borrowed for a flat deposit, so I did some digging, 9 years with someone i needed to be sure as I wasn’t imagining it.

It seems the company was set up in Feb 2010, by June 2011 Registrar Companies House had given 3 months notice for being struck off dissolved, by Sept 2011 it was struck off through non-compliance. Obviously being involved with this person, I had copy of two contracts, one in July 2012 which was for 6 months and was then rolling until April 2013, then another contract from April 2013 to end of 2013. I double checked and it was the name of the company, that was struck off used for both. Contracts directly with recruitment agencies for large companies in London.

Both contracts had the company with a previous address of mine too.

I am shocked SarahL2012 that they don’t check as its a simple check through companies house. Im disappointed Safe Collections that this is so common. And as the insolvency service suggested if a company is dissolved it isn’t a legal entity so nothing can be done by them against them. So in theory the company can continue under the radar with my address.

NickNick yep not sure about payments I have seen a bank account statement with a direct payment form the recruitment company (about £6000 for one month contracting) but you are right the limited company is of the same name as the contractor.

jmo21 the first few things were direct mail direct to the company and then there were letters addressed direct to him. I didn’t open any post as Im aware that is illegal and I just put it back in the post, but l am aware of enforcement letters that I have seen which were hidden from me.

BolshieBastard I know the post seemed odd, I’m very weary about the whole thing. I knew nothing about it and I seem to have uncovered so much now and I don’t want to feel unsafe in my own home or get dragged into something Im unaware off that seems very dodgy??

Yes maybe I'm a whistle blower but really £6000 each month for several years which is seeming more and more of a chance that it is may be fraud or evasion, when I don't earn a substantial amount and pay correctly..is saying anything so bad but there seems to be nobody to tell as crazy as it is it isn't a legal entity?

Comment

@Whitelighteningwarrior Check your PMs
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whitelighteningwarrior View Post

SNIP MASSIVE CAN OF WORMS

Yes maybe I'm a whistle blower but really £6000 each month for several years which is seeming more and more of a chance that it is may be fraud or evasion, when I don't earn a substantial amount and pay correctly..is saying anything so bad but there seems to be nobody to tell as crazy as it is it isn't a legal entity?
                  Well, it's up to you what you do, but considering it is coming to your address and your ex owes you money I'd certainly be thinking about doing something with this information

What proof do you have that he owes you this money? Is it a substantial amount? is it really worth the hassle?

Next stop could be citizens advice, or maybe a solicitor if they'll do a free 30 min consultation to see if you have a case?

Comment

Contact the police.
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

The bit I Still dont get is that when a company is dissolved (letters in the Gazette and all that) the bank in quesiton will close the account and all monies are handed over to HMRC aren't they?
                      So ahead of that time, the contractor will have had to let the agency know that their account number was changing and sent them the number of a personal account. I can see that mid contract this might have got through, but for subsequent contracts I'm not sure it would.
                      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                      "See?"

Comment

Working...
                      X