• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Space II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office Space II

This is not a parody thread - serious question.

Has anyone got experience of using a shared office / serviced office environment. What I mean is, actually taken out a lease on some space. Searching on Google obviously brings back untold agencies all trying to flog the same space in buildings - but not a lot of info about price.

I'm after a small 2/3 desk self contained (as in private with walls/partitions around it) office or space in central London.

Anyone share their experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
      This is not a parody thread - serious question.

Has anyone got experience of using a shared office / serviced office environment. What I mean is, actually taken out a lease on some space. Searching on Google obviously brings back untold agencies all trying to flog the same space in buildings - but not a lot of info about price.

I'm after a small 2/3 desk self contained (as in private with walls/partitions around it) office or space in central London.

Anyone share their experience?
      Yup, I have experience of this. My LtdCo rents a 3/4 desk space from Regus. Serviced office.

What do you actually want to know? Regus are quite good, their prices are OK, but they're a large organisation, so you'll inevitably find some people who love them and some who hate them. I have no intention of leaving them, they're OK, but they could be a little more organised in their billing, and letting me know about costs.

Comment

I leased from Regus, and would never again :
        1. They force you to pay to redecorate,
        2. They up the rental every quarter
        3. I had to email every @regus.com email address I could find on Google to get my deposit back.

Don't pay for phones or Internet. Use your mobile / mifi / tethering.

I now rent with 4 other contractors a rough office, for peanuts. For fancy meetings etc, just rent a Regus room for the day...

Comment

I2office.co.uk

I just opened an office in Aberdeen city centre with them. Suits me as its serviced and easy in easy out with all utilities etc covered. Used Regus in the past too. No problems with them.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
            Regus are quite good...I have no intention of leaving them
            That's fortunate, because if you ever do decide to leave them, you need to remember their "contract rolls another year unless you cancel it 3 months in advance" clause, meaning if you pick a bad time you need to give 15 months notice.
            The other thing they did that annoyed me was mess up my phone number and redirect my calls God knows where for a couple of months. Which is where their "we can mess up as much as we like without compensating you or refunding your fees" clause kicks in.

Comment

Yes - currently renting a small 4 person office outside Chester for the past 12 months, paying something like £399 (inc VAT) per month, have FTTP (fibre directly into the room) and get around 70Mb down, currently have a 38U Netshelter Rack in there with servers running too

GE

Comment

Working...
              X