• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cost of PII

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    No. I understand the IR35 implications of that, however in reality I am never going to do that and QDOS have never come back after a review and suggested that it's an issue.
    Fair enough, it's the only time I've ever had an agent come back and demand proof of EL cover; which I guess makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
      Fair enough, it's the only time I've ever had an agent come back and demand proof of EL cover; which I guess makes sense.
      It was a contract with Barclays Wealth a few years ago and I was told it was a blanket requirement that every contractor had it. Seemed odd to me. Like insisting that all builders where a hard hat even if they're laying a floor in a car park with nothing overhead. Oh, hang on.

Comment

I've just done a quote from Simply Business. It was approximately 10x what I pay to QDOS!

(It was more than £3k for PII and PLI)
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          SS, was that £132 for both PII and PL?

qh

Yep...the quote comes through a company called Glenham Associates.
          I'm an IT Test Manager.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
            Yep...the quote comes through a company called Glenham Associates.
            I'm an IT Test Manager.
            Cheers, both mine are due and have had quotes of apprx 250 from hiscox and 195 from QDOS. (been with QDOS for number of yrs)

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
            X