• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Registration

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for advice - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

I formed my Limited Company about 6 months ago. Was registered by my "accountant" (I'm using this term loosely as they turned out to be pretty much useless) based out of their office in England however I live in Scotland.

I have now fired my accountant and want to move my registered office to my residential address. However as this is in Scotland and my company is registered in England(?) then I believe its not a straight forward matter?

Was hoping someone can shed some light on this - would I need to dissolve the company and restart with a new Scottish registered company? Or can the business registration be transferred to Scotland to allow me to make the change of address. Wish I had picked up on this at the time, but the accountant assured me at the time that there would be no issues with my current set up.

Hope someone can help me

Andy

Originally posted by mrhaggis View Post
    Hi all, new to the forum and looking for advice - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

I formed my Limited Company about 6 months ago. Was registered by my "accountant" (I'm using this term loosely as they turned out to be pretty much useless) based out of their office in England however I live in Scotland.

I have now fired my accountant and want to move my registered office to my residential address. However as this is in Scotland and my company is registered in England(?) then I believe its not a straight forward matter?

Was hoping someone can shed some light on this - would I need to dissolve the company and restart with a new Scottish registered company? Or can the business registration be transferred to Scotland to allow me to make the change of address. Wish I had picked up on this at the time, but the accountant assured me at the time that there would be no issues with my current set up.

Hope someone can help me

Andy
    May be an idea to wait until the devolution vote is out the way this week - rules may change depending on which way this goes.

Comment

Maybe your new accountant?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Maybe your new accountant?
        or this...?

Top FAQs - How do I change my company's registered office address?

Comment

According to companies house you can't do what you want to do -

"Please remember that your registered office address must be a physical location in the same part of the United Kingdom as where the company was incorporated. E.g. a company registered in England and Wales must have its registered office in England and Wales, not in Scotland or Northern Ireland"
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhaggis View Post
            This cannot be done unfortunately, the registered office would need to remain in England or Wales.

I assume your registered office was your accountants address. If you would rather not dissolve the company but would prefer a local accountant in Scotland instead, there are registered office providers out there that are fairly cheap.

I hope this helps.

Martin

Comment

Working...
            X