• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radbroke Hall - offered contract at barclays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few places you can stay not too far. It is between Holmes Chapel & Knutsford. There are a few pubs in Holmes chapel that might do B&B... then you could always cycle there.

The Kilton Inn is a premier inn I believe (Kilton Inn - Cheshire - Chef & Brewer Pubs - Traditional Pub Restaurants Serving Freshly Cooked Food and A Great Range of Drink)... I ride out there for a bite to eat.
    Kind Regards,

Paul

Comment

There's also a Travel Lodge (Lostock) / pub set up not far from me and only a few miles to RH.

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 15 September 2014, 14:03. Reason: added a bit
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
        Worked there a few years back. Very nice place, cricket/football on the lawns at lunchtime, crocket! and a gym.

Was only there for 3 months as found some stuff back down south but worked with a few contractors who were there for a little while.

Although they do end your contract after a year I believe!!
        But no Tubbs.....?
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          There's also a Travel Lodge (Lostock) / pub set up not far from me and only a few miles to RH.

qh
          There is also a Travelodge just off the M6 at the A556 junction, usually pretty cheap. You could try Northwich for hotels and only 5-6 miles away. Knutsford itself is very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
            There is also a Travelodge just off the M6 at the A556 junction, usually pretty cheap. You could try Northwich for hotels and only 5-6 miles away. Knutsford itself is very expensive.
            FYI, that's J19 off the M6. The Travelodge is now called Ibis Budget. A few miles away at Northwich there are a couple of B&B's too.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The train is £9.80 return from Manchester (Picc) to Knutsford, takes about 40-45 minutes. Could be cheaper renting digs in Manchester
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                The train is £9.80 return from Manchester (Picc) to Knutsford, takes about 40-45 minutes. Could be cheaper renting digs in Manchester
                Plus taxi from Knutsford Station to RH. It's in Lower Peover if I remember correctly. Only went once, when I was still living in Bolton and it was a hell of a trip then in rush hour..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Plus taxi from Knutsford Station to RH. It's in Lower Peover if I remember correctly. Only went once, when I was still living in Bolton and it was a hell of a trip then in rush hour..
                  How much is the taxi? You'd think they'd put a shuttle bus on.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                  X