• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signed Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constructive feedback Mr.North. I'm becoming fond of you lately.

Your obviously a big dog around here, not like all the other poodles scrambling around with their pointless and childish comments

Get a grip !!!

Comment

Where does one stand legally if a Contract has been signed but not yet started ?
      In Purgatory.

Comment

Originally posted by steve80 View Post

Your obviously a big dog around here, not like all the other poodles scrambling around with their pointless and childish comments

Get a grip !!!
        Good point - well made.
        one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Back on topic. Does the other contract you want start sometime in the future as well? Waiting anything over a week or two for a gig increases the risk they will pull it before you start dramatically. If you are jacking a gig in you are waiting to start in favour of another gig you want that starts in the future there is a very real possibility you will end with absolutely jack tulip.
          +1 A bird in the hand and all that, there will probably be no comeback legally but that can't be guaranteed. The morals of the situation are another matter. What if the client for the contract you have signed rings up to cancel as they have found someone a bit cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Back on topic. Does the other contract you want start sometime in the future as well? Waiting anything over a week or two for a gig increases the risk they will pull it before you start dramatically. If you are jacking a gig in you are waiting to start in favour of another gig you want that starts in the future there is a very real possibility you will end with absolutely jack tulip.
            Agree with this. Ive taken a few contracts then something better has come along but carried on with the first one as its a small world and recruiters float around alot and I wanted to keep my reputation intact.

Comment

Your obviously a big nob around here, not like all the other poodles scrambling around with their pointless and childish comments

Get a grip !!!
              FTFY. Sorry nluk ;-)
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                FTFY. Sorry nluk ;-)
                Bit rich coming from you that isn't it, particularly with regard to a recent post of yours...

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                on topic opinions not personal attacks
                http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ml#post1976619
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not everyone has the same opinion which is totally fine but keep it to yourselves and provide information based on the question which helps that individual otherwise it's not helpful and pointless and can leave negativity to forum users.

I propose a new rule going forward ....

Useful and Relevant comments only otherwise don't bother !

Ste

Comment

Not everyone has the same opinion which is totally fine but keep it to yourselves and provide information based on the question which helps that individual otherwise it's not helpful and pointless and can leave negativity to forum users.

I propose a new rule going forward ....

Useful and Relevant comments only otherwise don't bother !

Ste
                    Agreed, keep it professional. If you haven't anything useful to contribute, don't bother I say.
                    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                      Agreed, keep it professional. If you haven't anything useful to contribute, don't bother I say.
                      But you can't as it isn't contributing anything useful to the thread
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X