• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not-renewing tulipe gigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    if i worked with a miserable twat like nluk id be out the door in minutes
    If your grammar was as bad as this post I would have you out the door in seconds.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

would agree warchest size and famly sit is the factor sometimes. in the past tho due to smallish chest i have stayed on at tulipe places just to keep cash rolling in. better than jsa lol!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I wish you two would just get a room
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

i am nluk really
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

would agree warchest size and famly sit is the factor sometimes. in the past tho due to smallish chest i have stayed on at tulipe places just to keep cash rolling in. better than jsa lol!
            I'd stick to JSA if I were you. You appear to know more about that than contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              I wish you two would just get a room
              Not a good idea, I believe that PC and NLUK are like matter and anti-matter, if they met then mutual annihilation is assured (probably not a bad thing were it not for the small matter of them taking most of the UK with them)

Comment

Jesus wept. Are you even capable of taking a tulip without asking every man and his dog for advice? What a tedious, orally flatulent idiot you really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                  You have a tipping point - Shirley?

There must be some point where a tulip gig is so tulip that you won't just keep plodding along.

It is a complex calculation obviously:
                  1) Pretty tulip, great rate, decent people, decent location, no warchest ==> Keep invoicing
                  2) Deep steaming tulip, crap rate, winkers, miles from anywhere, healthy warchest ==> on your bike

I like this calculation, I think we can throw "Relationship with client" in there as well. I am at renewal time now and there are better offers on the table, but I will drop my client in the Tulip if I leave.

Plus 2 years Warchest? Really. Wow.

6 months is my aim. I think if I can't find a gig after 6 months I am in the wrong game.
                  Last edited by Tasslehoff; 7 August 2014, 13:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
                    I like this calculation, I think we can throw "Relationship with client" in there as well. I am at renewal time now and there are better offers on the table, but I will drop my client in the Tulip if I leave.
                    But Kenders can't resist the pull of their wanderlust!!!

Plus 2 years Warchest? Really. Wow.
                    This is will vary from person to person. For some it is the absolute basics to stay afloat which could be as little as £1500 a month or keep them in the luxury they currently enjoy so two years could be anything from £36k upwards. Also depends on where people store their warchest. Not everyone leaves it in the company so this could be personal savings and empty company rather than all in the company.

6 months is my aim. I think if I can't find a gig after 6 months I am in the wrong game.
                    Seems reasonable, again, with your own level of what you need per month...

Comment

Please try to remember the high standards expected in the professional forums:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...al-forums.html

Comment

Working...
                      X