• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boredom and keeping busy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Loo as many times as you can without drawing to much heat from Permies (around 5 times per day is the sweet spot)

Build up your Caffeine tolerance so you can have up to a dozen brews per day.

Go for a walk on your lunch. Even if it's as boring as a circuit of the business park (fml)

Interwebz

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
      Go Loo as many times as you can without drawing to much heat from Permies (around 5 times per day is the sweet spot)

Build up your Caffeine tolerance so you can have up to a dozen brews per day.

Go for a walk on your lunch. Even if it's as boring as a circuit of the business park (fml)

Interwebz
      I had a contract like that once, and used to do the coffee runs. They even made me a badge saying 'Tea Bitch'.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Sounds ideal, but it isn't. Not feeling happy about it and every time the person who calls herself my manager calls I think it's to say they are going to ditch the contract. Just not good for my nerves
        Well that call just came an hour ago. Benched from the22nd

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Well that call just came an hour ago. Benched from the22nd
          tulipty luck, get that CV updated and get it out there!

Good Luck

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
            Right, well all the sensible suggestions are met with reasons why you can't do them. Christ, what advice do you want from us? Get a new gig. There, that's your answer to overcoming boredom.
            They're not sensible suggestions if they're not practical.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
              Storage Hunters on Dave. Cracking bargains they get.
              Caught Judge Reinhold while <ahem>working from home</ahem> on Monday, Britain's answer to Judge Judy, he's as camp as a row of tents and the show is compulsive viewing

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                Caught Judge Reinhold while <ahem>working from home</ahem> on Monday, Britain's answer to Judge Judy, he's as camp as a row of tents and the show is compulsive viewing
                It's Judge RInder. My wife actually knows him.

Surprising he did that show, he's a barrister who has done numerous high profile cases; Iraqi detainees amongst others.

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
                  It's Judge RInder. My wife actually knows him.

Surprising he did that show, he's a barrister who has done numerous high profile cases; Iraqi detainees amongst others.
                  Aah yes getting him confused with that actor bloke from Beverley Hills Cop

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    They're not sensible suggestions if they're not practical.
                    Oh hush.

Comment

Working...
                    X