• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent Behaviour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    Did you really join the forums in 2011 and this is your first post?!

Yep but circumstances have prevented me from using the forums until now.
    I can post the photo if you want.?

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
      Did you really join the forums in 2011 and this is your first post?!

And he's complaining about non communication
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Have your read the Need 2 References sticky at the top of this thread?
        There isn't one.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by UncleAlbert View Post
          • Failure to return calls despite multiple messages being left.
          • Failure to respond to emails
          • Ask candidate to return call and then too busy or out of the office...
          Sorry dude. It's over. The agent doesn't love you any more, in fact he probably never did and was only using you.

You have to pick up the pieces of your broken heart and try to move on.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Bottom line: 'Most' agents are complete tossers unfortunately.

I'd say:-

10% - decent ones who want to build a relationship and will phone you back etc even its bad news/no news.

60% - Just won't bother.

30% - Complete tossers/scumbags. Would shag their own grandmother and then deny it if they could make a few quid out of it.

Unfortunately, current agent would probably fall into the bottom 10% of that bottom 30% :-(
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

You still upset you got shafted by him PC?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Bottom line: 'Most' agents are complete tossers unfortunately.
                So when you get an email or a voicemail from an agent about a role or job in which you have absolutely no interest, you always phone them up to let them know?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

not even a phone call or an email to say he's alright!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    So when you get an email or a voicemail from an agent about a role or job in which you have absolutely no interest, you always phone them up to let them know?
                    We should all do that. spam the spammers

Comment

I know that its common for agents to mess you around, but this past week has been too much, one agent put me forward for a contract and said he would have feedback for me yesterday, then yesterday morning he phoned me twice within 1 hour but I couldn't answer because I was sleeping at 11am when he called. Then when I tried to call him back I couldn't get through to him because he was either "out of the office" or away from his desk and one of his colleagues asked if they could help and I told them about the role which I was supposed to have an interview for and he said "that role has been filled now" I don't see how though if the agent was calling me with positive feedback from the company, agents only call me with positive feedback saying they want an interview.

I was supposed to have another interview today but yesterday the agent called me and said the client needs to reschedule it, but today I haven't heard anything back so I'm assuming the role has been filled and the agent didn't want to tell me.

Comment

Working...
                      X