• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Chaos in the Conservative Government'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Chaos in the Conservative Government'

The strong and stable leadership appears to be going well. At least other countries are starting to pity the UK. Maybe they'll start pulling together an aid package. Once the bar bill is settled, of course.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2017/...xit-embassies/

An internal report by the Department of Foreign Affairs, based on an extensive round of meetings between senior Irish diplomatic figures and European government officials, has painted a negative and deeply unflattering picture of Britain's performance in the Brexit negotiations.

The confidential report, seen by RTÉ News, quotes senior EU figures as being alarmed by "chaos in the Conservative government", with British ministers and civil servants unable to agree a coherent policy on Brexit.

The report says there are significant concerns across European capitals that it will be difficult to break the deadlock in the negotiations ahead of the December summit.

The paper is a digest of a series of political reports filed by Irish embassies across the EU back to the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin.

They were drawn up in early November and reflected detailed accounts of meetings between Irish diplomatic staff and ministers and officials in ten EU member states.

While some member states had their own particular concerns over Brexit, the overall picture is one of dismay in European capitals at what is seen as chaos in the Conservative government.

French officials described a dinner between David Davis, the Brexit Secretary, and the French Defence and European Affairs ministers in Paris on 23 October.

Despite having flagged up the meeting to the media in advance as an attempt to unblock French resistance to Britain moving into trade negotiations, Mr Davis barely mentioned Brexit according to French officials.

A Czech minister said he felt sorry for British ambassadors trying to communicate a coherent message across the EU on Brexit when there was "political confusion at home".

Most damning of all were the reported comments of Britain's judge at the European Court of Justice Ian Forrester as he bemoaned the quality of politicians at Westminster.

He said that despite considerable contact between himself and London, only one person he had spoken to had any real grasp of the complexities involved.

He even wondered if it might dawn on people what leaving the EU actually entailed and there might be a slow realisation that this was just a great mistake.

So lets vote Labour instead. Oh wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      So lets vote Labour instead. Oh wait.....
      It would sideline the hard line Brexiteer head bangers. It's the only way now. Unfortunately after 52% of the electorate has turned out to be ******* stupid, it's time to look ah the least bad option.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        It would sideline the hard line Brexiteer head bangers. It's the only way now. Unfortunately after 52% of the electorate has turned out to be ******* stupid, it's time to look ah the least bad option.
        I wish it was just 52%. It would be nice if there was some sort of test before being allowed to vote.

Maybe votes should be weighted per tax paid.....

Comment

Meanwhile the EU has a clear unambiguous strategy.

EU to offer sh*tty trade deal to the UK

Basically a trade deal which enables them to sell prosecco and BMW's to the UK for 0% tariffs whilst pinching all those lucrative financial services in return, and then sit back and watch the Tories tear themselves apart.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I wish it was just 52%. It would be nice if there was some sort of test before being allowed to vote.

Maybe votes should be weighted per tax paid.....
            No representation without taxation!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What happened in the other thread, the last time you tried to source evidence for that claim?
              (0.06% indeed )

Perhaps try not calling others thick for a while?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                What happened in the other thread, the last time you tried to source evidence for that claim?
                (0.06% indeed )

Perhaps try not calling others thick for a while?
                I was waiting for you to come back with an understanding of how you got things wrong around statistical significance and causation. I'm going to give you a few more days.

Comment

I was waiting for you to come back with an understanding of how you got things wrong around statistical significance and causation. I'm going to give you a few more days.
                  I think you misread my post.

I've replied anyhow, and i'd miscalculated - it was 0.03%, not 0.06% representative
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    I think you misread my post.

I've replied anyhow, and i'd miscalculated - it was 0.03%, not 0.06% representative
                    I'm happy to give you a bit longer to work it out for yourself, but if you need a hint, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X