• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Galileo - European GPS system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galileo - European GPS system

We have had companies now reporting to us that they are being excluded from bidding for contracts on Galileo.

Although membership of the European Space Agency is not part of the EU discussions because it’s not an EU body, many of the contracts including Galileo are EU-funded and it’s a requirement that the companies that participate and get funding and bid for contracts are part of an EU country.

We’re already seeing contracts being turned away from UK industry because of the uncertainty.
    Did you vote for that?

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-se...arned-11137153
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    They voted to be free of the tyranny of the aerospace industry.

Comment

Traitor!!!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        They voted to be free of the tyranny of the aerospace industry.
        Ah right, I get it now. They want to get rid of one of Britain's only successful manufacturing and export industries and then blame it on the EU, majorly superb tactics there...

Still....Brexit – Britain Challenges Covert Fourth Reich & its Secret Space Program | Stillness in the Storm

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ah right, I get it now. They want to get rid of one of Britain's only successful manufacturing and export industries and then blame it on the EU, majorly superb tactics there...

Still....Brexit – Britain Challenges Covert Fourth Reich & its Secret Space Program | Stillness in the Storm

Stop talking the country down!!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Trade is being rebalance away from legacy industries.

British tea, jam and biscuits will be at the heart of Britain's Brexit trade plans

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              I think your link must be correct as I am starting to see more and more McVities here in German supermarkets, in fact I have just polished off a packet of McVities Digestive Vanilla Creams! Actually, I'm not too sure where they were made though...

Comment

We will partner with China, EU are about 50 years behind them in terms of space technology.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  We will partner with China, EU are about 50 years behind them in terms of space technology.
                  Of course, dear.

Comment

The Galileo GPS system which has been being created since early 2000 lost most of its benefit when the US turned off Selective Availability on it's satellites.

Meh - you cannot win them all but would be interesting to see who does get the business - will it be the best company for the job - or will it be Fritz's mate who gave him a backhander.

Comment

Working...
                    X