• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU demands more money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU demands more money

36 billion offer not enough

Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 November 2017, 12:33.
    I'm alright Jack

Let's be honest, 72billion is not enough - needs to be closer to 100billion.

The UK is on the brink of crashing out of the EU. That'll start the housing crash. Then massive EU trading tariffs. Finally Corybn is elected to power.

Goldman Partner Says U.K. Would Be 'Like Cuba Without Sun' Under Corbyn

AMSTERDAM--A Goldman Sachs Group Inc. partner made a rare political swipe on Wednesday, calling the weakness of the U.K. government "scary" and warning it could trigger an election win for left-wing opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn that would be a "disaster."

"If we have Corbyn, we have Cuba without the sun," said Bobby Vedral, a London-based partner at the U.S. investment bank, in a speech at the Super Investor private-equity conference in Amsterdam.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

They can go whistle. The UK holds all the cards.

Comment

I'd happily pay the EU £100bn to leave

in instalments of £1 per week . . . think it'll be about 104 weeks before there's no one to actually pay

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Since you love the express so much;
          https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/88...t-Divorce-Bill

Lol, so what's the final tally according to the express?
          36 - 58 = ?

Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Since you love the express so much;
            https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/88...t-Divorce-Bill

Lol, so what's the final tally according to the express?
            36 - 58 = ?

Congratulations the UK holds all the cards and the EU will pay 20 billion for access to the UK's market.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Congratulations the UK holds all the cards and the EU will pay 20 billion for access to the UK's market.

Just trying to get through to you that the express is not really the ideal source to start off intelligent discussions/threads (as has been previously pointed out by WTFH, for example).

Oh look, it hasn't got through to you, what a shocker.
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Just trying to get through to you that the express is not really the ideal source to start off intelligent discussions/threads (as has been previously pointed out by WTFH, for example).
                But what other paper actually still supports Brexit in the face of all the evidence?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh look, it hasn't got through to you, what a shocker.
                  Well that explains the reason for the Brexit vote then
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

you mean like

Brexit is an act of supreme economic sense

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X