• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK consumers will have chlorinated chickens shoved down their throat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK consumers will have chlorinated chickens shoved down their throat

US trade secretary speaks to the CBI

A major hindrance are those pesky EU labeling regulations. Once they're out the way then Waitrose and Tescos will simply put the same warm fuzzy green eco labels on chlorine washed chickens as they do on those pampered disease free "run around the farmyard" chickens from the EU. No need to upset consumers by listing all the sh*te that goes into your food.

If they do "unfairly" label chickens so that UK consumers don't buy them, they'll sue the sh*t out of the retailers.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 17 November 2017, 10:01.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    US trade secretary speaks to the CBI

A major hindrance are those pesky EU labeling regulations. Once they're out the way then Waitrose and Tescos will simply put the same warm fuzzy green eco labels on chlorine washed chickens as they do on those pampered disease free "run around the farmyard" chickens from the EU. No need to upset consumers by listing all the sh*te that goes into your food.

If they do "unfairly" label chickens so that UK consumers don't buy them, they'll sue the sh*t out of the retailers.
    It's all going a bit:

Comment

Gun regulations are a bit tighter in the UK than the US would like. Everyone should have a gun. Why should anyone with a mental health issue be discriminated against.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

When I was last in the US I ate chicken. Couldn't taste any chlorine.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          When I was last in the US I ate chicken. Couldn't taste any chicken.
          FTFY

It kills yer taste buds first...

Comment

How tasteless American food makes you fat and sick

For Europeans, eating is a pleasurable experience. For Americans, it is an activity fraught with anxiety and guilt.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

My comments to an American about their food was that their must be a company called Food Inc that puts powder in one end a a machine and an extruder pumps out food in various shapes and colours the other end. It all tastes the same.

The best food I had in LA was from a Mexican greasy spoon that made fresh home-made food.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

On my one trip to America the food, coffee and beer generally was awful. In the US you eat to stay alive.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Some of the best food I had in America was at Disney.... some of their 'fine dining' experiences are actually quite good...

chick-fil-a was a big disappointment

large mcdonalds meals are really big!

was going to go to Denny's and cracker barrel but never got round to it!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Some of the best food I had in America was at Disney.... some of their 'fine dining' experiences are actually quite good...

chick-fil-a was a big disappointment

large mcdonalds meals are really big!

was going to go to Denny's and cracker barrel but never got round to it!
                    That your choice of venue speaks volumes.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X