• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ouch Boeing - that must have hurt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Must HAVE hurt

Goddammit.

No such verb as to 'of'
    Drives my better half mad that, along with apostrophe abuse and saying 'like' and 'yer know' all the time.

She's foreign and can't understand why people can't speak their own language properly. I think the German version of 'yer know' is 'genau' and the Russian is 'not' and tipa' (probs tipo, unstressed 'o' being 'a' in Russian '...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I can't read this thread.
      The label has come off

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Try Egyptian cotton, works for me. If all else fails Harris tweed is a bold alternative.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

For how long will they maintain the manufacture of the wings in the UK post Brexit? With no trade barriers it's no brainer at the minute.
        As long as BAE has a significant holding in the group I would guess. Not sure what the tariff rate would be on part manufactured wings, but I can't imagine the German and French partners would be pleased with a massive cost increase in wing manufacturing as it would put a bit of dent in the profits. As it stands the pound being devalued has probably made it much less likely that process will ever leave the UK.

BTW: Bombardier makes wings in Northern Ireland and ships them to Canada for the C series jet. Plus the fact that Boeing use Rolls Royce engines in their 787 jets.

So its not exactly a no brainier that all components for a jet need to made in the same country or with zero tariff trading partners.

But hey ho .. when your just making Brexit bashing Euro propaganda anything will do ...
        Last edited by Stevie Wonder Boy; 18 November 2017, 16:53.

Comment

Airbus may move manufacturing out of Britain
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

"Airbus has laid out a string of non-negotiable demands on Brexit, warning it may move production abroad if its terms are not met.

Just days before the government is due to begin talks with the EU, the aerospace giant’s chief operating officer has set “minimum” conditions on free movement of workers, trade tariffs and regulatory conditions."

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
              As it stands the pound being devalued has probably made it much less likely that process will ever leave the UK.
              Pound might be devalued, but the materials for the wings don't get grown on magic trees that only exist in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Pound might be devalued, but the materials for the wings don't get grown on magic trees that only exist in the UK!
                That magic wing metal is very expensive ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
                  That magic wing metal is very expensive ...
                  It will be once WTO tariffs are levied first when it's imported to UK and second when it's exported to EU ...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Big deal. The workers can retrain as patriotic jam makers for the Empire 2.0 economy.

Comment

Try Egyptian cotton, works for me. If all else fails Harris tweed is a bold alternative.
                      I'll have what she's having...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X