• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir James Dyson: Britain should walk away from Brexit negotiations over 'outrageous'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    US and UK governments then, under the Bush/Blair axis of evil
    Indeed. And they just made things worse.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Indeed. And they just made things worse.....
      Killing civilians never makes it better.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Killing civilians never makes it better.
        It did for the ANC.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          There's a lot better cars than BMW/Merc (for less)
          And there's a lot better vacuum cleaners than Dysons. Support the British economy and a British company paying taxes and employing British people - buy a Henry.
          GTECH for us .... Dyson can go and do one, he's not getting my money
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            That is your opinion and I would fight for your right to say it. Not that the Swiss would fight for my right to my opinion.

You can use all the weasley words you like. No-one has any idea what the affect on Brexit will be on the UK.

Lets say it will end badly for the UK. What price freedom?

In South Africa to get freedom from an oppressive regime, violent action was taken which minimized civilian casualties. Now that is seen as not just okay, but the right thing to have done. Nelson Mandela is seen as a freedom fighter, not a terrorist.

And yet the apartheid regime used similar weasley words to which you used to justify their actions.

I might add that few in the UK want Brexit. However the people are sick and tired of inequality. The vote was a protest one.

I would cancel Brexit if it meant stopping non-dom status, disallowing branding as a business expense and taxing global income on UK citizens. And if HMRC went after the rich with the same zeal they go after the poor.
            Are you seriously equating our membership of the EU with what millions suffered under apartheid? FFS, you brexiters really are as thick as mince
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X