• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU tells Britain it's living in 'fantasy land' over hopes for a 'basic' Brexit deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    ...it's about punishing Britain for not following the EU doctrine, at any cost...
    You've been saying that for over a year. Got any evidence for it yet?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      They are doing all just fine, it's HM Govt who is running around like a headless chicken
      What is the weather like on your planet?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        You've been saying that for over a year. Got any evidence for it yet?
        Try reading the OP on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What is the weather like on your planet?
          Cold, winter is coming

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Try reading the OP on this thread.
            DP is saying that EU is out to punish Britain - regardless. AtW's post says that the EU will not have a "no-deal" deal, in the event of ...er... no deal. In the event of a no deal the relationship between the EU and Britain will not be amicable. Britain not paying the bills the EU deem due is something that cannot be ignored when it comes to relations. It will cause problems. But that's no because of any particular intent of the EU to punish Britain, but the way things work internationally when you renege on you obligations.

Whether Britain actually owes anything is moot. The EU thinks Britain does and will act accordingly. It's more akin to "if you put your hand on a hotplate, you will be burned", than "if you don't do what you're told I'll give you a thick ear".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              DP is saying that EU is out to punish Britain - regardless. AtW's post says that the EU will not have a "no-deal" deal, in the event of ...er... no deal. In the event of a no deal the relationship between the EU and Britain will not be amicable. Britain not paying the bills the EU deem due is something that cannot be ignored when it comes to relations. It will cause problems. But that's no because of any particular intent of the EU to punish Britain, but the way things work internationally when you renege on you obligations.

Whether Britain actually owes anything is moot. The EU thinks Britain does and will act accordingly. It's more akin to "if you put your hand on a hotplate, you will be burned", than "if you don't do what you're told I'll give you a thick ear".
              We are not talking about children here. We are talking about a sovereign state.

I do agree that the UK has behaved badly in the negotiations though. The EU said "we will discuss x and only y and z when we are ready". The UK went along with this. They should not have done so.

Many countries renage on their obligations. Arguably most EU countries renaged on their obligations to the EU apart from the UK. The UK should have ignored more EU rules.

Sadly the UK does not look after itself enough. Probably due to the PMs the UK has had since Maggie left.

When I am PM its going to be very different....

Comment

Iraq War: Gordon Brown says UK 'misled' over WMDs - BBC News

Another case where countries lie to each other.

Comment

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ocondescension
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    How is walking sooner helps? That would just make punishment much harsher
                    Don't try logic with the dimwits, you'll just confuse them
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Brexiter/Bremoaner(delete as appropriate).

You are all cretins. blah blah blah.....

HTH BISDI

Comment

Working...
                      X