• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Families 600 quid worse off due to Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Families 600 quid worse off due to Brexit

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-h...use-of-brexit/

As most have had no pay rises, in fact average wages for low paid are now 12% less than 10 years ago (ONS) and no sign of any pay increases wonder where they will get that 600 quid from? , maybe they will steal one of Dims Jags he won't miss it.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

£600 a year, so practically a freebie to escape the EU. Bargain in my books.

Comment

The forecast does not, however, suggest a crisis for the U.K. economy next year and indicates only a mild slowing of growth over the medium term as a result of Brexit

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You might consider it a bargain, but for those on the breadline today, using food banks and the like, who were conned that they would be better off, maybe not such of a bargain and could push them over into serious debt. But hey, so long as the Tories and their rich landowning supporters are OK, that's all good!
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You might consider it a bargain, but for those on the breadline today, using food banks and the like, who were conned that they would be better off, maybe not such of a bargain and could push them over into serious debt. But hey, so long as the Tories and their rich landowning supporters are OK, that's all good!
          Yeah right. We haven't left yet so everyone here keeps saying, unemployment is lowest level ever, all the economic indicators are +ve and better than forecasted and the economy is growing.

No one is worse off due to Brexit. Worse off due to globalization, yes. Worse off due to giant companies paying almost zero tax here, yes, worse off due to immigration of unskilled and low paid people, yes.

Comment

How many USD down are they?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              How many USD down are they?
              Five bucks.

Comment

Yeah right. We haven't left yet so everyone here keeps saying, unemployment is lowest level ever, all the economic indicators are +ve and better than forecasted and the economy is growing.

No one is worse off due to Brexit. Worse off due to globalization, yes. Worse off due to giant companies paying almost zero tax here, yes, worse off due to immigration of unskilled and low paid people, yes.
                Indeed its strange how these bremoaners just don't understand basic economics and have to blame their problems on Brexit!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Families are worse off as the rich are not sharing. Nothing to do with immigrants, EU or Brexit.

As long as they get cheap soccer on the TV they will not care.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Indeed its strange how these bremoaners just don't understand basic economics and have to blame their problems on Brexit!

This is what you don't get. I'm not worse off. I'm in the top 10% and can ride the wave of any downturn due to Brexit. Due to my skills and background I'll likely be the same if not better off under Brexit. I voted remain though not for me but for those who will be worse off. I voted for the greater good not my own personal gain. £600 for me is gravy, but for many in this country this will tip them over the edge - but hey, so long as you're Ok eh?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X