• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU demands 44 billion to start trade negotiations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what Mr. Bean does for a living? Not something that requires high cognitive skills, that much is certain
    Thought he was a student originally because of his (1) ignorance and (2) pedantry. But he claims not.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The evidence in incontrovertible, as seen in this thread.
      When you fell out of the stupid tree, you not only hit all the branches on the way down, but you climbed up again and did it all over again.
      Is your obsession with pedantry because you're autistic, mentally ill or thick as mince?
      Or all 3?
      You believe the difference between NEED and WANT is pedantry?

Please tell me more

Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        "For days" I've shown that it's the UK that voted to leave and the UK made the choice, not the EU, but you refused to grasp that. Then when you see links to the EU's own website, you ignore them, choosing to read a media report rather than the EU document that states (quite clearly) that the EU agencies are found in EU member states.

Trying to twist that to say "but it doesn't specifically specify that they cannot be found outside EU member states", you might as well change your argument to say "it doesn't say that the earth is not flat, therefore the EU says the earth is flat".

You need to test your logic, cause it really is flawed.
        https://www.politico.eu/pro/former-e...-agency-in-uk/

Meridian's link stated;
        "Although there is no specific law or treaty that states an EU agency cannot be outside the EU"

So I wasn't twisting anything.

The other link is a statement of current affairs, not a rule/regulation for the agencies to follow.
        HTH
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          You believe the difference between NEED and WANT is pedantry?

Please tell me more

Why do the two agencies have to be relocated?
          European Union agencies must be based in the European Union. As the United Kingdom has notified the European Council under Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union of its intention to leave the Union, it is necessary to move the two United Kingdom-based Agencies to other locations within the Union's territory. Agencies cannot be located outside the territory to which their competences apply. The United Kingdom will have no say when it comes to the location of the EU Agencies.
          Official EU press release
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            My roflmao was in direct response to sas post #76 & my post #78, nothing more

and it still stands
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

My roflmao was in direct response to sas post #76 & my post #78, nothing more

and it still stands
              You need help from a mental health pro. It may help with your OCD.
              Unfortunately medical science can't yet do anything about your low IQ.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You need help from a mental health pro. It may help with your OCD.
                Unfortunately medical science can't yet do anything about your low IQ.
                Post #67 - I asked you directly for the need, not the wants
                Post #76 - you gave reasons why the EU wanted....
                Post #78 - I asked you to reread #67 and for needs
                Post #89 - you described the difference as pedantry
                Post #92 - I roflmao at your bizarre assertion

Now, tell me again how NEED is the same as WANT and it's just my pedantry
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Post #67 - I asked you directly for the need, not the wants
                  Post #76 - you gave reasons why the EU wanted....
                  Post #78 - I asked you to reread #67 and for needs
                  Post #89 - you described the difference as pedantry
                  Post #92 - I roflmao at your bizarre assertion

Now, tell me again how NEED is the same as WANT and it's just my pedantry
                  I rest my case.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

May willing to cave in and pay the amount that was originally suggested by the EU back in March 2017

Flashback -
                    EU suggests Brexit Bill could hit 50 billion

If Britain wants out of the European Union, it should be prepared to pay.
                    That's the message that EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker delivered on Friday, telling the BBC that Britain will need to pay roughly £50 billion ($62.4 billion) as it leaves the EU
                    So there we have it, the EU demands 50 billion and the EU gets 50 billion

We can see where the negotiations are heading, just ask Michel Barnier.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 November 2017, 17:37.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      can you show any legal basis or is it the usual EU wants = Must?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X