• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The worst part about Brixit...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part about Brixit...

.. is that it's killed General.

..and ruined my spelling...
    Last edited by RSoles; 21 October 2017, 13:47.

I actually think we should create a new Brexit forum and lock the offending parties in it to bicker in purgatory...

Then ban anyone mentioning the B'word in general...

That might revive the site a bit.

But you are right no more than about ten of us have really screwed it up

Comment

Maybe a political forum with sub forums:

Brexit
      Tories
      Korbyn
      etc

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        I actually think we should create a new Brexit forum and lock the offending parties in it to bicker in purgatory...

It is funny how all the people who were so keen on Brexit would prefer it were no longer mentioned, now that it is clear what an almighty car crash it is.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          It is funny how all the people who were so keen on Brexit would prefer it were no longer mentioned, now that it is clear what an almighty car crash it is.
          No actually I quite like arguing the subject. Its the biggest change in our lifetime and will throw up a lot of material. But General used to have a wide plethora of knob ends in here arguing just about every subject under the sun and now its dwindled down to a grumpy old bunch of drunks that won't change the subject. Face it we have become bad guests and need to take the party elsewhere so some newbies can come and have a go in here...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Maybe a political forum with sub forums:

Brexit
            Tories
            Korbyn
            etc
            Here a trio of very EU sceptic politicians for starters:

The first with the beard states:
            "We need to be very robust against the conditions for the single currency"
            "We have a European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anyone .. powers have gone from national parliaments ..
            they've haven't gone to the European parliament they've gone to the commission and to some extent the council of ministers .. these are quite serious matters."

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              Here a trio of very EU sceptic politicians for starters:

The first with the beard states:
              "We need to be very robust against the conditions for the single currency"
              "We have a European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anyone .. powers have gone from national parliaments ..
              they've haven't gone to the European parliament they've gone to the commission and to some extent the council of ministers .. these are quite serious matters."

I hate Korbyn. However the video proves nothing. Politicians change their minds all the time. Especially when moving between opposition and government.

Comment

No actually I quite like arguing the subject. Its the biggest change in our lifetime and will throw up a lot of material. But General used to have a wide plethora of knob ends in here arguing just about every subject under the sun and now its dwindled down to a grumpy old bunch of drunks that won't change the subject. Face it we have become bad guests and need to take the party elsewhere so some newbies can come and have a go in here...
                You are probably an exception in the Brexiteer camp, as you want Brexit because it will trash the economy (or have I mixed you up with someone else?)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  have I mixed you up with someone else?
                  It is a fairly safe bet. You appear to be in a permanent state of confusion and befuddlement over a whole plethora of topics.

Luckily, in General that seldom matters.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

you're one of the worst offenders........
                    As is BP who lacks imagination so much that he even liked this post of yours.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X