• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit talks cannot succeed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes the best result is worse than the current situation. Way to go. The more I think of this the more amazed I am that people are so thick. Maybe the Eugenics movement at the start of the last century was right after all.
    Sassy sassy, ssssshhh now. Grown ups talking now.

Comment

Yes the best result is worse than the current situation. Way to go. The more I think of this the more amazed I am that people are so thick. Maybe the Eugenics movement at the start of the last century was right after all.
      Don't be silly. Certain countries trying Eugenics is part of the reason we are in this mess.

Anyway looks like De Gaulle was right to try and keep the UK out of the CM. He knew the UK was full of dimwits who like causing trouble and strife for the sake of it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We made our bed; We will have to lie on it.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I've been reading it here and there - can I find one article about Brexit? No. It's almost if it is a non-issue.
        This is a big problem. All our Brexiteers see this is a major negotiation. The EU wrestling with the UK team. A great contest.

In fact they accept we're leaving and are just waiting for us to pack up our belongings and load the van. So long, and good luck.

The Brexiteers are obsessed with this self delusion that we are really important to the EU. BMW might shed a tear but they are just a drop in the ocean. The EU has plenty of other fish to fry and doesn't really see it as its job to save the UK. This is a big problem with the current talks - cognitive dissonance.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          This is a big problem. All our Brexiteers see this is a major negotiation. The EU wrestling with the UK team. A great contest.

In fact they accept we're leaving and are just waiting for us to pack up our belongings and load the van. So long, and good luck.

The Brexiteers are obsessed with this self delusion that we are really important to the EU. BMW might shed a tear but they are just a drop in the ocean. The EU has plenty of other fish to fry and doesn't really see it as its job to save the UK. This is a big problem with the current talks - cognitive dissonance.
          Hah the level of self loathing is amazing. Your troll level is at Junker level.

Comment

Cruel but fun

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Hah the level of self loathing is amazing.
            I think you're missing the point, Woozie. It's not self loathing. I don't know how you twisted that out of what we've been saying.

It's not loathing.

It's just taking the piss out of Brexiteers as they cling on to their slowly evaporating delusions by their finger nails.

You could argue it's mean to laugh at people on a crashing train. But the fact is the board on Platform 1 said "06:00 to Crash", so don't expect a huge amount of sympathy.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

The only thing of worth in your post is Woozie, I like it. Wonder if I can get the domain name. Thanks Cirrus

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

Absolutely.

The EU doesn't really want a deal

The only deal the UK will get is the humiliating one on the table which the current government won't be able to accept.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Absolutely.

The EU doesn't really want a deal

The only deal the UK will get is the humiliating one on the table which the current government won't be able to accept.

I would say you are at merkel level of trolling, still some way from junker level.

Comment

Today I will use the red craayon"
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Reading the papers this morning the national elections are of far greater priority. As is the deteriorating relationship with the US, or should I say with Trump. In fact the Trump effect is being blamed (or should I say congratulated) for the increase in the growing EU economy as Trump's USfA beings to look unstable and lacking in confidence and direction.

Something is being overlooked however... the UK really really (I say that twice cause it is really important) does need to thread carefully in the coming months... these coming months will define the UK economy for decades. If Merkel does not get back in Schulz will kick the UK out before they get a chance to leave. And I fear there may be a few silent Schulz voters out there not declaring their hand. Don't think May's government are giving this a second thought. Mind you reading about the current negotiation debacle I don't think theres been scope given for a 1st thought let alone a 2nd.

Berlin and beyond: Auf Wiedersehen Britain
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 2 September 2017, 10:06.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X