• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stop talking about Brexit and move on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That is why the government didn't bother enforce it. At the end of the day there is plenty of abuse from non-EU citizens. What is interesting is the total focus on EU immigration and yet two thirds of all immigrants in the UK are from outside the EU.

What is also often is overlooked is that EU immigrants are much more temporary, obviously some bring their families over, but the lower paid often leave their families back in their home countries, something the Daily Mail picked up on to whip up outrage at Eastern Europeans claiming tax credits for their families in Romania. Isn't this the best way of employing foreigners ? have them come over just to do their job and return when it's finished ? no...not for Paul Dacre, they're either scrounging b***ards clogging up the schools, roads and hospitals or scrounging b*ards claiming tax credits.

The reason I started this thread is because I realise Brexit is an emotional decision for most Brexiters and you can deploy all sorts of reasoned arguments but it won't make a blind bit of difference.
    So let's all move on. I'm feeing sanguine since the missus has just received her European dual nationality and I have a firm job offer from the US.
    I hope the Brexiters get what they want - a real and hard Brexit.
    Either it will work or it won't.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      What a pity we're wasting billions on Brexit when freedom of Labour is all the EU really requires.
      Why the UK went further and implemented freedom of People when it wasn't really required by the EU, then blamed the EU for its own stupidity, is one we can leave to the historians.

But hey that's the way it is.
      That's disingenuous. The problem is the EU allows in literally millions of non-EU immigrants. Then after a certain time all these are automatically given EU citizenship.

Then in turn they are entitled to work in the UK, after which as others have pointed out they are entitled to morph from immigrants to gimmegrants.

You can nitpick by saying that the UK was out of the Schengen agreement. But who's to say we would have remained so? On past form, some new agreement would soon have been pressed on the UK to join Schengen, or some daft PM like Corbyn would have offered to join it.

One can't argue based just on how things are. One must also take into account how they will very likely change, and luckily a majority of UK voters had the common sense to see that.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The reason I started this thread is because I realise Brexit is an emotional decision for most Brexiters and you can deploy all sorts of reasoned arguments but it won't make a blind bit of difference.
        So let's all move on. I'm feeing sanguine since the missus has just received her European dual nationality and I have a firm job offer from the US.
        Not much of a troll sas but at least you are trying. I actually thought we may have a sensible discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          In my example, if they lose their benefits they get 3 months to get another job. Then benefits apply.
          I don't think that's the case. But anyway I think benefits should only be allowed if you've chucked enough in the pot, foreigner or Brit.
          That would put paid to the whole issue.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            ... a majority of UK voters were duped by Farage and co ...
            More like..
            one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              That's disingenuous. The problem is the EU allows in literally millions of non-EU immigrants. Then after a certain time all these are automatically given EU citizenship.

Wrong. But enough of this discussion. If you're right why do you want to drone on and on? No one else is talking about Brexit in EUrope.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

What a pity we're wasting billions on Brexit when freedom of Labour is all the EU really requires.
                Why the UK went further and implemented freedom of People when it wasn't really required by the EU, then blamed the EU for its own stupidity, is one we can leave to the historians.

But hey that's the way it is.
                The square root of none of this was ever mentioned by anyone (on either side) in the campaign. Any ideas why? (Serious question).
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Not much of a troll sas but at least you are trying. I actually thought we may have a sensible discussion.
                  What's there to discuss? A vote has been taken and negotiations have begun. Rightly or wrongly things are going to happen.
                  Remainers think it's the end of the Uk as a player, Brexiters think it's the start of a new golden age.
                  One of us is right.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    The square root of none of this was ever mentioned by anyone (on either side) in the campaign. Any ideas why? (Serious question).
                    No idea. Doesn't matter now anyway.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm glad it's worked out for you, and I'm pretty sure it will work out for us as well, once the EU member states realise their Commissars are out to screw everyone over to ensure their vanity project survives.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X