• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU negotiators agreed the location to sign Brexit deal - forest of Compiègne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    As we are surrendering then probably a nice soft french Brie would be the most appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I am afraid that we British are not terribly adept at the whole "surrender" thingy
      There is first time for everything.

Britain is surrendering hundreds of years of European policy which was designed to ensure France never works closely with Germany, being in EU was continuation of that successful policy in the time when another continental war would have been suicidal.

All that surrendered.

Comment

Brexit will represent Britain's first major humiliation since losing the American war of independence.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Brexit will represent Britain's first major humiliation since losing the American war of independence.
          Not sure leaving a project determined to achieve French & German European domination by stealth is actually a defeat.

Obviously our Bremoaners have made up their mind we have already lost, I suppose they are following through ........
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Not sure leaving a project determined to achieve French & German European domination by stealth is actually a defeat.
            The whole point of joining was to prevent such domination, withdrawing enables French and Germans achieve the goal!

It's not a defeat - it's a surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              The whole point of joining was to prevent such domination, withdrawing enables French and Germans achieve the goal!

It's not a defeat - it's a surrender.
              Depends if you believe its Britain's job to keep fixing Europe?

I say lets leave it to Vlad the Invader, maybe next time Europe will behave itself!

Comment

Depends if you believe its Britain's job to keep fixing Europe?

I say lets leave it to Vlad the Invader, maybe next time Europe will behave itself!
                Jesus Christ

First gen immigrant knows better British history

Comment

EU humiliates the UK

EU diplomats have hit out at Britain’s failure to agree it must pay a hefty financial settlement for Brexit, suggesting the controversy will “stall” the talks.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Jesus Christ

We didn't have to do that test to get British citizenship hence loads of British people know feck all about History.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Jesus Christ

which bit do you think you know better?

Comment

Working...
                      X