• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TayoL View Post
    Dear Simon,

<some fluff!>
    You are speaking to the wrong Simon. Mr Dolan sold the company back in Sept 2014.

SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams in £100 million acquisition :: Contractor UK

There is another Simon that posts on behalf of SJD nowadays. You can find him by trawling the members list.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TayoL View Post
      Dear Simon,
      If you are still active on this thread, I'm not even sure where to start! Poor guidance, continuously pointed to completing the stupid spread sheet, but with no advice, every phone call was me having to recap my situation and our previous conversations - i then took to writing my own minutes and emailing it back to her after each call to help her with a short term memory and in the hope some of my questions around maternity and expenses would be answered.
      It took months to get my final draft accounts back even though I did it as soon as possible in the hope of closing before going in labour! My phone calls had gone unanswered and when I tried to call her to ask questions, just silence no call back, I would call 3 to 4 times a day and she was "in a meeting" with no return call or email to even acknowledge my call just me calling again the next day.
      Asked to speak to the manager - she refused to get in touch with me, even the poor guy on reception taking my calls was like "they haven't called you back". In the end I got ridiculous email from her account saying she was on leave and now I was dealing with "Stacey".

The impact to me - after speaking to another accounting firm for just 5 mins - I found out I was entitled to Maternity allowance, which painfully I can no longer claim as the cut off has passed. If I'd been advised earlier by your company having asked so many times I could have claimed this. Same with childcare vouchers for my eldest I'm told I could have bought childcare vouchers directly and treated as tax deductible. I ASKED THIS!

My first experience of contracting I was looking for help instead I was told to send back a crappy spreadsheet and was completely ignored.

So annoyed!
      As mentioned, I'm afraid this is completely out of my hands as this firm hasn't been anything to do with me for over 3 years. Happy of course to help you with my new firm
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You are speaking to the wrong Simon. Mr Dolan sold the company back in Sept 2014.

SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams in £100 million acquisition :: Contractor UK

There is another Simon that posts on behalf of SJD nowadays. You can find him by trawling the members list.
        Ah, well THAT's confusing!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Ah, well THAT's confusing!
          More than you think. That Simon doesn't work there anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
            More than you think. That Simon doesn't work there anymore...
            This guy?

Originally posted by Simon C View Post
            Hi Simon C here - Chief Executive Officer of SJD. <snip>
            Oh yeah. Derek Kelly now. Blimey. Poor fella's picked a right time to step in....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

That Simon doesn't work there anymore...
              Does anyone?

Comment

For those not paying attention its remarkable how many posts there have recently been about both SJD and Nixon Williams.

Equally its remarkable how full my linkedin feed is of former SJD and Nixon William workers now looking for new jobs...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
                  Does anyone?
                  Haha - all the good ones left ages ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
                    Haha - all the good ones left ages ago!
                    Not good form to knock the competition.

Comment

Not good form to knock the competition.
                      A previous mentor once told me that, should have remembered...

Comment

Working...
                      X