• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently moved from SJD to Dynamo - very easy. Made easier by Dynamo. SJD were shocking,

Comment

Originally posted by MBA View Post
      Right, that could perhaps explain a couple of things re SJD's behaviour.

Any idea how easy it is to move from one accountancy to another if I just started and am using their offices for registered office and service address? I'm not sure if I want to suck it up and stay with them for one year and appoint new accountants then or move on pronto.
      So easy. Simply tell them you want to leave, check for any hidden exit fees and then your new accountant will do the rest.
      We follow a process called professional clearance, this is where we write to your old accountant and get everything switched over.

Comment

Must admit I'm very seriously considering leaving SJD - the service has taken a dreadful nosedive over the past year or so.

I'm chasing them for everything all of a sudden. Self assessment, VAT returns and today asked if they wanted my year end bookkeeping/bank statements as it passed last week & they said I might be eligible fro 'SJD Online' - whatever that is! It's the first I've heard of it but only because I emailed them.

I'll let them do my year end accounts but that could well be that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
          Must admit I'm very seriously considering leaving SJD - the service has taken a dreadful nosedive over the past year or so.

I'm chasing them for everything all of a sudden. Self assessment, VAT returns and today asked if they wanted my year end bookkeeping/bank statements as it passed last week & they said I might be eligible fro 'SJD Online' - whatever that is! It's the first I've heard of it but only because I emailed them.

I'll let them do my year end accounts but that could well be that.
          If they're crap and expensive, leave them.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
            I recently moved from SJD to Dynamo - very easy. Made easier by Dynamo. SJD were shocking,
            What's their accounting software like?

I've always been a fan of SJD's simple spreadsheet which is one reason I'm reluctant to leave. Dynamo for example don't give you any examples of what their software is like

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              If they're crap and expensive, leave them.
              Thanks. Great advice.
              Last edited by Gaz_M; 6 October 2017, 14:18.

Comment

What's their accounting software like?

I've always been a fan of SJD's simple spreadsheet which is one reason I'm reluctant to leave. Dynamo for example don't give you any examples of what their software is like
                Dynamo use Freeagent - dead easy to use. You can sign up for a free trial at FreeAgent and see if you like it - if you move to an accountant that uses it, you should be able to just continue using that account that you've set up.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Dynamo use Freeagent - dead easy to use. You can sign up for a free trial at FreeAgent and see if you like it - if you move to an accountant that uses it, you should be able to just continue using that account that you've set up.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Thanks. Great advice.
                    Alright. No need to be sarcastic.

Comment

Thank you.
                      Yep FA is simple to use and once set up a joy. I transferred halfway through the year so I had to import and explain the transactions but I was so glad to see the back of the bloody spreadsheet. I wish I'd done it years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X