• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car mileage if partner pick and drop to airport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car mileage if partner pick and drop to airport

Hi,

I am a LTD Company contractor. I have a contract which is in Edinburgh but I am based in London. I travel to Edinburgh every week by flight from London. My partner drops me at airport and picks me while on way back. The car is on my name. I wanted to know if I can claim car mileage at least for one side of the car travel each time I am being dropped to or picked from the airport?
    I claim for the flight from my business.

I searched the forum but could not find any thread with similar query.

Could anyone point me to the right information or throw your guidance?

Hi,

Assuming the location in Edinburgh qualifies as a temporary workplace, you can claim the dropping off and picking up at the airport.

You won't be able to claim the journey where your partner is driving back on their own of course.

As an alternative, just in case your partner can't do the drop off, you can claim the travelling to and from work from home, so if you drove the car to the airport car park, parked it up and then when you got back, drove home, the whole cost of travelling plus car parking costs can be claimed. Or if you decided to take a taxi to the airport and back, that cost can be claimed too.

Hope it makes sense

Comment

Exactly how far is the airport from your house?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Exactly how far is the airport from your house?
        Me? About 10 miles. Why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
          Me? About 10 miles. Why do you ask?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

45 per mile, per roundtrip.

Claim for every penny.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Claim for every penny.
              Legitimately you can claim for the journey to on the way there and the journey back on the way back. However I would claim the lot as MF says and just keep a record of what the cost of parking would have been in the incredibly unlikely event someone asks.....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Claim for every penny.
                What's that in Tesco vouchers?

Comment

Working...
                X