Posts 211 to 214 of 214

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the replys.

Final question from me on this then.

I make a claim for 24 months then my home office moves address, the end clinet remains the same but my daily commute from my business address is significantly different to the same end client.

Does the 24 month rule reset in these circumstances ?

Regards

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by console View Post
    Thanks for the replys.

I make a claim for 24 months then my home office moves address, the end clinet remains the same but my daily commute from my business address is significantly different to the same end client.

Regards
    I don't think so, but maybe you could follow in the footsteps of our MPs and simply claim for travel from the business address (which has stayed the same) to the new house. Although it'll have to be in a different area (i.e. county, region) right?

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by console View Post
    Thanks for the replys.

Regards
    Perhaps.

As per the original post in this whole thread, "it's about the journey". If the journey changes, you would think the rule does. However there are several potential gotchas, such as should you only claim for the difference between old and new journeys, if the new journey is shorter should you claim at all since your costs have reduced and so on.

The main one though is that the client's work location after 24 months is deemed to be your permanent place of work (which is what this is all about after all) and that status hasn't changed, in which case you still can't claim. You would need to trawl through HMRC's website to find out the answer to that one, but I strongly suspect that you still can't claim.
    Blog? What blog...?

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    I don't think so, but maybe you could follow in the footsteps of our MPs and simply claim for travel from the business address (which has stayed the same) to the new house. Although it'll have to be in a different area (i.e. county, region) right?
    Agreed. There may be a bit of confusion sown by the rules as IIRC there is reference to the journey. But this is really about determining whether the 24 months reset if your location of work moves a bit. The reality is that this rule is about where your permanent place of work is. And once you can reasonably expect that you will be there >24 months, then it is your permanent place of work, so you can't claim travel.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22