• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Query on another contractor charging you "introducer fees"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to believe that £100/day was going to 'introducer'.....harder to believe that this was signed up to......hardest to believe that it has gone on for 5 months/£10k
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
      Isn't the introducer just getting the agent's cut?

Is this a case of your friend being happy with the rate offered and the amount retained when starting the contract and now unhappy because they've worked out how much they're out of pocket by after 5 months?
      There is a big difference between an introduction fee and an ongoing rate for (you would expect) services offered. An agent will carry out certain pieces of work such as identity checking and eligibility etc. They also have many other business processes as an agent to carry out. This person does squat. They should have gotten a finders fee and that's that. As to why the friend didn't query this a long time then god only knows what is going on.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        There is a big difference between an introduction fee and an ongoing rate for (you would expect) services offered. An agent will carry out certain pieces of work such as identity checking and eligibility etc. They also have many other business processes as an agent to carry out. This person does squat. They should have gotten a finders fee and that's that. As to why the friend didn't query this a long time then god only knows what is going on.
        I don't doubt that it's morally wrong - but, if the OP's friend was happy to sign these terms when the contract was first offered I doubt they've got a leg to stand on from a legal perspective.

I can't imagine the client co is fussed either, it's not as if they're losing out financially and they'd want to distance themselves from any legal disputes involving contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I should be living in a 14 carat yacht with 100 concubines, but I'm not.

The director of the company they are legally responsible for running should have read the contract that they were signing, but they didn't.

Who gives any of us the right to dictate what a business should or shouldn't get? There may well be a moral obligation not to do this (and that is the only point where "should" comes into it), but there certainly isn't a business reason not to do it, and assuming the contract was drawn up properly and was signed without any deviousness, then there isn't a legal reason not to do it, either.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
          X