Contractor Among Contractors
Advantages of working through one company (that I can think of):
- Easier to still take income if one person is working and the other isn't
- One set of accountancy charges
- Might look more like a business, so pass the Business Entity Tests and reduce the chance of an IR35 investigation
Disadvantages of now working for the same company:
- Are you going to give / sell shares to allow dividends to both of you?
- If you are both shareholders, need to pay dividends at the same time to both of you
- Might breach the FRS threshold
- If you split up, you need to split the business as well
I'd do it.