• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Year End Ltd Co PAYE submission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC should have been able to accept 2012 2013 year end Ltd Company PAYE returns as of 6 am this morning.

I have been getting server busy messages all day.

Has anyone been able to get a return processed and what does this say for the ability of HMRC to be able to keep their servers up every month for RTI-

I can't get my submission through either, been trying since about 7am. So frustrating having to start from the beginning each time!

Comment

Still trying at 10:45pm! Losing the will to live!

Comment

I can't help but think that there's a lesson to this...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

8:00 am on Sunday and still getting server busy doing a 2012 2013 PAYE year end submission.

Maybe they are putting all the servers on to RTI.

HMRC says not to download and install the RTI, HMRC Basic Tools software until you have completed your year end 2012 2013.

Let's hope this is not a monthly problem every time you do a RTI submission.

Comment

It's best to either do the end of year returns a few days before the year end or wait to a few days afterwards.

HMRC apparently need an outage to update their systems for each new tax year. Therefore, there'll always be a rush as soon as their systems come back on (which happened Saturday morning) as people catch up.

Third party submissions have still been possible throughout the outage and have been "parked" so there'll be a huge backlog of submissions made Thursday/Friday/Saturday which the HMRC servers also have to wade through and process.

Sensible thing to do is wait a couple of days for the backlog to clear and then submit. The end of year P35s etc don't have to be submitted until mid May, so what's the rush?

Comment

Same message on Friday so the idea of doing it early did not work.

Lets hope it is working next week.

Comment

Frustrating as I can't upgrade to the 2013-2014 software and process the wages that should have gone through yesterday

Comment

I did mine two weeks ago - no problems.

smug smilie:

Did my first RTI submission yesterday and it said submitted with email confirmation but no submission data visible in Paye tools.
                  Tried to add next months payroll to get figures ready and this month went back to unsubmitted!
                  Submitted again and this time it has returned the submission data to Paye tools.

I expect the Paye and RTI helplines will be swamped for the next month!

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                    I did mine two weeks ago - no problems.

smug smilie:
                    me too ... when I setup my salary payment for April, I submitted my P35 and P14 too.

In contrast to the PAYE server being busy / unavailable, the self assessment server was fine when I submitted for 2012/2013,
                    and I bet that will also be busy / unavailable on 31st January next year

Comment

Working...
                    X