• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    See....

"Tesla shares skid as Model 3 production hits rough patch"
    You're going to have to do better than a piffling 2.5% drop!
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      You're going to have to do better than a piffling 2.5% drop!
      It's about 15% from the top of the market when Simon called it and probably has a way to go...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It's about 15% from the top of the market when Simon called it and probably has a way to go...
        Market cap is about $800,000 per car. Every other manufacturer about $30,000....

Once people start to realise Musk is a snake oil salesman it'll drop very quickly
        P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts. I only buy shares I understand. Hence Tesla is rather off limits for me. I understand many hedge fund managers have lost millions though betting against Musk and Tesla.

Comment

Market cap is about $800,000 per car. Every other manufacturer about $30,000....

Once people start to realise Musk is a snake oil salesman it'll drop very quickly
            True but at the moment I feel there is the possibility of a little upside (given the insanity of the current market) -as such I'm happy to sit it out...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Thanks for the thoughts. I only buy shares I understand. Hence Tesla is rather off limits for me. I understand many hedge fund managers have lost millions though betting against Musk and Tesla.
              As you say- all about the timing. Difficult though to find a company so overvalued on every metric. Is valued as though a tech start up, in reality is a poor car company, subsidised to the hilt, run by a man who consistently launches bold plans and completely fails to deliver, without any proprietary knowledge and has massively well funded competitors from both the existing car market and new comers

Comment

Nah. He's going to solve the worlds problems with rockets and moleships, I saw a video.

Once I finish my teleportation device though, I'll be shorting everyone.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

As you say- all about the timing. Difficult though to find a company so overvalued on every metric. Is valued as though a tech start up, in reality is a poor car company, subsidised to the hilt, run by a man who consistently launches bold plans and completely fails to deliver, without any proprietary knowledge and has massively well funded competitors from both the existing car market and new comers

You've just described every unicorn in Silicon Valley.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    You've just described every unicorn in Silicon Valley.
                    never occurred to them that unicorns don’t actually exist did it!

Comment

What's happening at FreeAgent shares? Down 11% today. I've been watching these and I'm very tempted at this level.

Comment

Working...
                      X