• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hundreds arrested as Beijing launches stock market crackdown - Aug. 31, 2015

"Chinese authorities have arrested nearly 200 people for alleged online rumor-mongering about China's stock market turmoil and a recent, deadly chemical factory explosion in Tianjin."

They are coming to get you ...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Ok that's me in for an extra 7.5k - now put in 14k, 500 quid down based on my first foray week before last.

Glencore, BP, Standard Life, GSK and Lloyds

I'll top up more if we continue to slide, otherwise happy to wait.
      In to early, overweight on Glencore bought at 5 down, now 10% down. That's a grand down now(!) oh no!!! SELL SELL SELL!!!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        In to early, overweight on Glencore bought at 5 down, now 10% down. That's a grand down now(!) oh no!!! SELL SELL SELL!!!!!
        So you have lost a grand in a 5% drop, which means you would have had £20k of Glencore, but as you said you only put in £14.5k in total what happened to the other stocks you "bought" and what with?

I call bulltulip
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I was buying up Glencore last week. Now they look even more attractive, also stocked up more Shell PLC.

This might not be the sale of the century but it's damn close. Valuations not far off 2009.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            So you have lost a grand in a 5% drop, which means you would have had £20k of Glencore, but as you said you only put in £14.5k in total what happened to the other stocks you "bought" and what with?
            He is playing fantasy stock broker game...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              He is playing fantasy stock broker game...
              PSSST!!

It's almost 1976!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I call bulltulip
                I'm a grand down overall. Not just on Glencore. I was adding a sense of intrepid excitement to my post.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

500 quid down overall.....

but I know what I'm doing......

I do

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I did not lose a penny

Well, actually my Gazprom shares took a beating over the years

Comment

The bottom of the oil market may have been reached...

Crude Oil Forecast September 1, 2015, Technical Analysis » Fx Empire Network

It maybe prudent to have a somewhat more bullish view on oil.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X