• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makes my blood boil, target us for retro tax on a declared scheme and yet they dont bother tackling housing benefit fraud estimated to be £1.4bn!!

BBC News - Ministers 'should have tackled housing benefit fraud sooner'

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
      makes my blood boil, target us for retro tax on a declared scheme and yet they dont bother tackling housing benefit fraud estimated to be £1.4bn!!

BBC News - Ministers 'should have tackled housing benefit fraud sooner'
      That £1.4bn is a combination of incompetence and fraud. My bigger concern is the £24bn that is spent on housing benefits because rates weren't regulated.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Interesting

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c8aa728-5...#axzz3GTZH8wOt

Comment

Except you have to sign up to read the article!
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Except you have to sign up to read the article!
            No you don't. Google the title, follow the link, answer an inane question.

Comment

As some of you may know, my private address is now given as my work address. Mrs BP is divorcing me due to this mess - and I am not going to tell HMRC where my digs are now.

So I just got a brown envelope! I was sure it was an APN. My heart was in my mouth.

Turns out it was just a tax code! I am so happy!

Comment

Montpelier DOTAS number

Montpelier asked me to clarify this.

It was 64863085 and it is on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Montpelier asked me to clarify this.

It was 64863085 and it is on the list.
                  Hi DR, which scheme, the original one or the loan scheme or does it apply to both?

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                    Hi DR, which scheme, the original one or the loan scheme or does it apply to both?
                    The original (DTA/BN66) scheme.

Comment

DOTAS

None of my tax returns from 2002 to 2008 have the DOTAS number declared on them. Does anyone know where this leaves me in regard to APN's/followers.
                      Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                      X