• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
    A fair point. I've chased my MP and done some twittering - but there hasn't been enough of us.
    When the brown envelopes start to hit doormats then it may be easier to rally more people to a banner to fight this legislation.
    I wish, but I fear by then many will fold simply due to the sheer shell shock.

www.dotas-scandal.org
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      I wish, but I fear by then many will fold simply due to the sheer shell shock.

www.dotas-scandal.org
      Folding implies we have the money (or CTD) to hand over...... Personally, I'm in this until the bitter end.

Comment

If I had the money I'd pay the scam and be done with it forever.

Sadly I don't so spend most nights awake and drunk.

However, today is going to be a turning point for me. I'm not going to let this ruin my life anymore.

So what if I get a big bill. I can't pay it so put me through bankruptcy and be done with it.

In the meantime I will continue to support the NTRT cause to the bitter end.

For once I thought we actually got some decent representation in the committee today. But I did not expect the Government would be overruled.

I have a feeling this has a long way to go yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
          If I had the money I'd pay the scam and be done with it forever.

Sadly I don't so spend most nights awake and drunk.

However, today is going to be a turning point for me. I'm not going to let this ruin my life anymore.

So what if I get a big bill. I can't pay it so put me through bankruptcy and be done with it.

In the meantime I will continue to support the NTRT cause to the bitter end.

For once I thought we actually got some decent representation in the committee today. But I did not expect the Government would be overruled.

I have a feeling this has a long way to go yet.
          I applaud your resolution.
          Dude, it's these crooks that should be having sleepless nights...if they had a conscience. You have done no wrong so do not torture yourself any longer.
          Karma is a bitch,and we will have our day,too.

www.dotas-scandal.org
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            You can never stop trolls. The tweeting was only worthwhile before and during the Finance Debate whilst our issues were being written into Hansard.

He/she can tweet to their heart's content.

PS: replying to them will give them unnecessary publicity.
            Agreed, irritating but best not to pour fuel on the fire, let it die quiet death instead!

Comment

Dude, it's these crooks that should be having sleepless nights...if they had a conscience. You have done no wrong so do not torture yourself any longer.

www.dotas-scandal.org
              +1.

Comment

www.dotas-scandal.org
                +2

Comment

I don't do sh!tter or tw@tter or whatever it's called, life's just too short and I'd probably spend most of my time wanting to kill people who thought I needed to know every time they, got up, sat down, or broke wind. Who cares! Don't even get me started with MP's and cupcakes!!!

However, that said even I got onboard with this twitter push and yesterday for the first time in my life I setup a twitter account!!

I have to say that I'm impressed with the power of social media!! in the last 24 hours I've tweeted my ass off and had some amazing results!! For the first time in all these years of writing letters to MP's I actually felt like we we're being heard. Listening to iPhones ping during the session and MP's referring to feedback from social media was an education in itself. Some members of the committee were even responding to our tweets during the session and requesting more info!

Given the influence of social media and the response we had today maybe it would be a good idea to put together some concise summaries for the NTRT public documents library. There's plenty of damming evidence available which we could link to and finally make MP's take notice, not to mention the wider audience who are now being dragged into this...

We have a few months to make a difference which is all the time in the world when it comes to social media and viral topics....

And for anyone who hasn't joined in on twitter, get off your backside and make a difference, and if you can't be bothered then don't start moaning on this forum when it all goes belly up due to lack of support.

FS.
                  AKA: Victor "No this is not the bloody Chinese takeaway" Meldrew

Comment

Well said Fireship.

I was quite amazed myself when the Finance Committee referred to the Gauke "parody account" and the angst on social media.

BeenGauked is taking a well earned rest. He deserves one, he tells me . But he'll be back in typical Arnie style.

P.S. NTRT are still looking for some people who could form a group to produce some satirical videos along the lines of the early one we did. We also need a good recommendation for some animation software and someone who knows how to use it. We have had an offer from somebody who can storyboard, so appreciate that!

Unfortunately the Steering Group (including me) are tied up with various tasks, such as pursuing legal avenues at the moment.
                    Last edited by SantaClaus; 17 June 2014, 20:05.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

More information?

I'm confused - have we not been writing letters to MPs telling them whats been going on. So, were they not prepared to fight for their constituents today? Do they actually read the letters we send them or visit the site to get better informed?

Comment

Working...
                      X