• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Hector out

What are your thoughts about limiting membership of the NTRT initiative to members of MP's scheme? (+/- Steed et al?)

I realise it's probably a pain in the ar$e to police, but personally I would prefer Hector not to have access to all our amunition as it were - which you can gurantee he will, most probably by posing as one of us. I figure he already has access to way too much info about current thinking and/or activity.

Just my own thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by shazbat View Post
      What are your thoughts about limiting membership of the NTRT initiative to members of MP's scheme? (+/- Steed et al?)

I realise it's probably a pain in the ar$e to police, but personally I would prefer Hector not to have access to all our amunition as it were - which you can gurantee he will, most probably by posing as one of us. I figure he already has access to way too much info about current thinking and/or activity.

Just my own thoughts!
      It's impossible to guarantee privacy. For example, some of Montpelier's circular letters to clients have found their way into HMRC's hands.

If HMRC do sign up at least they'll have had to pay for the privilege!!!

Comment

Nothing to hide

Originally posted by shazbat View Post

Just my own thoughts!
        Personally I believe we have nothing to hide. There are no valid answers to the way we have been treated which is why we don't get any answers to our questions. If there are and we don't know about them then lets hear them.
        http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          It's impossible to guarantee privacy. For example, some of Montpelier's circular letters to clients have found their way into HMRC's hands.

If HMRC do sign up at least they'll have had to pay for the privilege!!!

Well Done to everyone involved in the new website. So far I've only read one PDF and I like it alot!
          Are we setup as a charity in order to claim TAX relief on the donations?

SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Montpelier donation

I wonder if Montpelier will donate to our cause? Surely it would be in their interest to do so?

Comment

Gauke has been brain washed

I received my standard response from DG this morning. I can't believe he wrote this letter considering his views in 2008. He quotes "thought HMRC has made it clear that it considered that the scheme did not work and regularly recommended that payments on account be made..." He has got to have been brain washed by HMRC. He has no way wrote that himself !!!

He also said he was unable to agree with me to amend or repeal S58. Again that's not what he said on record in 2008 !!

I will be writing back to him or should I say the HMRC, via my MP pointing out a few facts to them, now I have all the information at my finger tips.

Comment

I'm in

Just joined - thanks guys really appreciate the well thought through measured action, something I am proud to be part of.
                The Cat

Comment

The Dog has donated .....

Good luck with the campaign !

Mad

Comment

See document H006 for your answer corrian

Originally posted by Corrian View Post
                    I received my standard response from DG this morning. I can't believe he wrote this letter considering his views in 2008. He quotes "thought HMRC has made it clear that it considered that the scheme did not work and regularly recommended that payments on account be made..." He has got to have been brain washed by HMRC. He has no way wrote that himself !!!

He also said he was unable to agree with me to amend or repeal S58. Again that's not what he said on record in 2008 !!

I will be writing back to him or should I say the HMRC, via my MP pointing out a few facts to them, now I have all the information at my finger tips.
                    see H006 in key Documents
                    Join the campaign at
                    http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

I'm in.

Sorted my registration. I'm away from home right now and I guess Paypal didn't like the strange IP address.
                      Let me know when the tank needs topping up.

I have written two letters to my MP and had just one reply. I think it is time for a third letter with some of the material now available included. At least my MP will begin to realise that there are other MP's getting the same info. They like being part of a crowd as it is easier to hide from any fallout.

The mail shot is a great idea. There are clearly a lot of passive people out there hoping this will just go away. The mail makes it very easy for them to join the club - with benefits.

Hey We're coming after you.

Comment

Working...
                      X