• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am struggling to find the latest newsletter on the NTRT website. Where should I be looking?
    I've not managed to find one on there either. I found mine in my inbox earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
      I've not managed to find one on there either. I found mine in my inbox earlier today.
      Cheers - I have now been PMed.

Comment

Closure Notices with no amendment

If you received a Closure Notice for a tax year where you claimed DTA relief and HMRC made no amendment to your self assessment (ie. they accepted the claim) will you please consider coming forward.

We already have several instances but we are gathering as much evidence as we can.

Please be assured that this will be treated in the strictest confidence. NTRT and Whitehouse never talk to HMRC.

HMRC have already confirmed in writing to one person who received one of these CNs that the tax year is closed and final. They cannot re-open an enquiry or re-issue the closure notice.

You have nothing to fear so please help the greater cause by coming forward.

Thanks
        DR

Comment

Can someone sendthe thee ECHR status also

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Cheers - I have now been PMed.
          Many thanks

Comment

New letter fired off to MP along with a meeting request

Comment

replies done

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              You might want to wait until next week because Whitehouse are working on a reply.
              Cheers, waited and sent off the lovely lovely Whitehouse briefing doc - well done chaps, said everything I wanted to say. Hoping for some more attention from my MPs.
              Now I can slump in front of the tv and watch back episodes of ER in peace......sternal saw!!
              The Cat

Comment

Thanks again to the NTRT Team and all involved...

Reply with attachment sent to my MP this evening.

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by bombaycat View Post
                  Cheers, waited and sent off the lovely lovely Whitehouse briefing doc - well done chaps, said everything I wanted to say. Hoping for some more attention from my MPs.
                  Now I can slump in front of the tv and watch back episodes of ER in peace......sternal saw!!
                  Sent to Brooks Newmark, Braintree (Con.)

Comment

Latest letter and briefing document sent.

Sent the covering letter and briefing document to my Tory MP, David Tredinnick, this morning.

The briefing document contains professional and factual responses to all of the points used by David Gauke (well done!)

Hopefully this continued pressure will persuade enough MPs to push Mr. Gauke into the meeting we want.

Regards,

Grip.

Comment

letter

sent covering letter and attached document to my MP Mark Prisk this morning, will inform whitehouse
                      thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X