• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't think being an MP should mean being totally autonomous from the party line.

And what is that going to achieve?
    Exactly the same as when we all voted tory last time - Sweet FA!
    Last edited by BarneyCool; 14 June 2012, 19:19.

Comment

...And what is that going to achieve?
      Doesnt have to achieve anything. Question is, who do you vote for now, having much more insight into how the system operates and that what they say before power means nothing when in power.
      http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

I don't think being an MP should mean being totally autonomous from the party line.

And what is that going to achieve?
        I voted Tory in the last election and what has it achieved? Bugger all...

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
          That can be construed as an idol threat
          Not if you mean it.

My MP hasn't been this unresponsive but it's certainly a line I'd consider should slow responses become no responses. Think we need a steer from DR as to whether involvement of local press, local Conservative Association, etc. would be helpful at this point or whether we should hold fire.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
            Name one!
            I could name quite a few, and some who have stuck their neck out to support us out of principle.

PM me if you want an example.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
              This whole sorry episode has taught me one thing and that's that I'm never ever going to bother voting ever again!
              Ditto
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by Guttersnipe View Post
                Think we need a steer from DR as to whether involvement of local press, local Conservative Association, etc. would be helpful at this point or whether we should hold fire.
                We want to try and win them round, which isn't going to be easy.

I don't think the majority are doing this for career reasons. Gauke has told them that the Treasury is not for turning so they are wasting their time making any further representations on our behalf.

We may need a new approach to try and re-engage them. Events are unfolding which might present that opportunity.

Stay tuned...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  We want to try and win them round, which isn't going to be easy.

I don't think the majority are doing this for career reasons. Gauke has told them that the Treasury is not for turning so they are wasting their time making any further representations on our behalf.

We may need a new approach to try and re-engage them. Events are unfolding which might present that opportunity.

Stay tuned...
                  Sounds promising :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                    Sounds promising :-)
                    A brand new letter for everyone to send to their MP is coming in the next few days.

I'll leave the content as a surprise.

Comment

Better news

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      A brand new letter for everyone to send to their MP is coming in the next few days.

I'll leave the content as a surprise.
                      I was hoping we would get some good news soon - not been a good week.

thanks DR.

Comment

Working...
                      X