Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Posts 41 to 44 of 44

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maslins View Post
    Yes. You'll need a solicitor to witness your signature on the Declaration of Solvency for any MVL.
    I'm looking into this also and I wonder what this means for myself as I have moved overseas (now in NZ). Does this need to be a British solicitor? Or will a solicitor or justice of the peace from NZ be acceptable?

Thanks
    Mark

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The idea behind the Members Voluntary Liquidation potentially affecting your credit rating is quite worrying, I know that some of you are stating that you don't think it will have an impact but doesn't a MVL have to be advertised in the London Gazette, therefore can any of the Credit Ratings Agencies on there not just use that as a means to give you a negative score ? Will it even state in the London Gazette whether its a Voluntary or a Compulsory (bad) liquidation ?

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by markpnz View Post
    Does this need to be a British solicitor? Or will a solicitor or justice of the peace from NZ be acceptable?
    It can be a solicitor in any country, though Companies House do require the original (ie you'd need to post rather than scan & email it).

Quote Originally Posted by sbakoola View Post
    The idea behind the Members Voluntary Liquidation potentially affecting your credit rating is quite worrying, I know that some of you are stating that you don't think it will have an impact but doesn't a MVL have to be advertised in the London Gazette, therefore can any of the Credit Ratings Agencies on there not just use that as a means to give you a negative score ? Will it even state in the London Gazette whether its a Voluntary or a Compulsory (bad) liquidation ?
    All the London Gazette information is readily available to the public. Have a look and see what information goes on there.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sbakoola View Post
    So has anyone on here performed a voluntary liquidation on their limited company ? Would you recommend one for me ? Preferably in the London area and one that costs less than 3k. One liquidation company insited that I turn up to a room and swear an oath regarding my ability to pay off my liabilities , is this normal procedure?
    Hi sbakoola, it was long time ago, but did you finally found a solicitor for this in London area?
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5