• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can salary pay date vary? Does date on payslip needs to match Pay received into A/C?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can salary pay date vary? Does date on payslip needs to match Pay received into A/C?

Dear Experts,

1. I transfered Salary from Business account to Personal account on different dates in different months .. 2nd, 3rd.. 8th and one on 11th.
    Is this OK?

2. Is it ok if the date on payslip differs with the date I received the money into the personal account?
    Ideally, I wish to keep date on payslip same as the date on which I received the amount into personal account.

Cheers
    Prasad

Hi Prasad,

1. It's fine to transfer your net wage from your own company to your own account on different dates as long as you're keeping track of which month it relates to and be mindful that you're not paying yourself too far in advance which could create director's loan issues.

2. The payslip dates simply show when the salary is due to you as an employee. It sounds like a simple solution that if you want the payslip pay dates to match the date you receive the cash (presumably for visa purposes) you just need to make sure you pay according to the date on the payslip.

A useful suggestion as a routine is to perhaps have the payslips and paydate on the last day of each month or perhaps the 28th of each month. If you fix the net wage so it's the same amount each month, you can also setup a direct debt from your company account to your personal account so that it's a guaranteed date when the net wage will be paid into your account.

Comment

Working...
    X