• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sravs View Post
    I'm going to move from umbrella to own limited company and I'm looking for a FreeAgent friendly accountant. I looked up PaperRocket - if you require references (for visas, etc.) you need to get the Platinum package costing £175 per month, which I feel is very steep.
    Hi Sravs. We do not charge for references and you do not need to be on the highest priced package just to receive these. There is a fair usuage of 3 references a year on the lower 3 packages (which is likely more than most would need) and the platinum package is unlimited. I hope this clarifies this for you

Comment

Originally posted by SarahPaperRocket View Post
      Hi Sravs. We do not charge for references and you do not need to be on the highest priced package just to receive these. There is a fair usuage of 3 references a year on the lower 3 packages (which is likely more than most would need) and the platinum package is unlimited. I hope this clarifies this for you
      Hi SarahPaperRocket, thanks for the clarification. Very helpful.

Comment

Interesting timing between someone asking about an accountant and that accountant responding me thinks... and to that accountant URL in link is a no no as well I am afraid.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Interesting timing between someone asking about an accountant and that accountant responding me thinks... and to that accountant URL in link is a no no as well I am afraid.
          When are they going to make you a moderator Northenladuk?

Comment

Always so cynical Northernladuk, I'm not sure that every person who posts on here is part of some conspiracy plan to deceive you :-p. Believe what you will but I do read the boards everyday (hence my quick ish reply) but only reply when the post is related to myself or the firm as I'm not here to plug it at every given opportunity. I assume the OP mentioned us as we had been recommended by a client a few posts back :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DanielGenieAccountancy View Post
              When are they going to make you a moderator Northenladuk?
              When hell freezes over on the third waning of a green cheese moon I believe...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When hell freezes over on the third waning of a green cheese moon I believe...
                Or when Jon Snow dies..........oh hang on....

Comment

Originally posted by CraigeyBoy View Post
                  Hi Guys

I am new to this forum but wanted to ask do any of you use Churchill Knight? I was recommended them when I first moved to a limited company and they have been ok on the whole. I just think they are now expensive as costs keep creeping up. It is now £150 + VAT for an all in service. I have to do my personal tax which I am ok as been doing this for years anyway. Is this expensive?

Anyone have any experience of moving accountants/admin company? Is it easy enough to do?

Any advice and help is welcome.

Thanks
                  Craig
                  I wouldn't touch Churchill Knight. I was with them when they'd only been a established a few years, this is over 12 years ago now. Then they were incredible when they were a keen startup. Then they would always go the extra mile for you. They became a success off the back of this.

I left them a couple of years ago but I should have left them about 5 years earlier.

Now you're treated the same way you are when you call up a big corporate organisation as they've got so big. They are no way worth that money.

Basically IMO they've got so big that any one customer doesn't matter to them. This is why a good percentage experienced contractors recommend small accountants and one man bands. Am looking for smaller accountant now myself actually.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesedoffcontractor View Post
                    I wouldn't touch Churchill Knight. I was with them when they'd only been a established a few years, this is over 12 years ago now. Then they were incredible when they were a keen startup. Then they would always go the extra mile for you. They became a success off the back of this.

I left them a couple of years ago but I should have left them about 5 years earlier.

Now you're treated the same way you are when you call up a big corporate organisation as they've got so big. They are no way worth that money.

Basically IMO they've got so big that any one customer doesn't matter to them. This is why a good percentage experienced contractors recommend small accountants and one man bands. Am looking for smaller accountant now myself actually.
                    This is one of the main reasons we want to maintain a relatively small practice, every customer should matter and the moment they don't you've lost a major USP. I know everyone of my clients pretty well which means it's easier to give tailored advice when needed.

Martin
                    Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by cheesedoffcontractor View Post

Few clients we had recently from other accountants had the same sentiment. We like to meet our clients face to face, build a relationship and trust. Lot of our clients are referrals and we do not spend much on advertising. We value personal touch in the industry.

Wijay
                      WIS Accountancy Ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X