• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Species8472 View Post
    P.S. I was interested to see your OP say that SJD had "become" Gorilla, but I see SJD are still trading so I'd be grateful if you could explain?
    Where do I say that?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Where do I say that?
      Ah. Now you've said that, I've just realised there's ambiguity in the sentence:

"I am with Gorilla Accounting now, previously SJD just to be clear. They are in no particular order."

Comment

Ah. Now you've said that, I've just realised there's ambiguity in the sentence:

"I am with Gorilla Accounting now, previously SJD just to be clear. They are in no particular order."
        You have taken the sentence completely out of context. Anyone who knows other contractors know some will move accountants during the life cycle of their business.

In NLUK's case he's moved from SDJ to Gorilla.

Btw some of your comments show a pedantic or autistic trait streak. This is an internet forum where people are generally posting while they should be working and often on a mobile phone which has autocorrect, therefore you will occasionally see incorrect grammar due to the complexity of the English language or due to the phone automatically changing words. As long as the poster isn't using text speak then you know they do care how they come across.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 20 May 2017, 19:56.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Btw some of your comments show a pedantic or autistic trait streak.
          Amen to that.

Comment

You have taken the sentence completely out of context. Anyone who knows other contra tors know some move accountants.

In NLUK's case he's moved from SDJ to Gorilla.
            I'm not here to argue with people, but I suggest that the sentence would be unambiguous if it read:
            "I am with Gorilla Accounting now, previously with SJD just to be clear."

The sentence as written suggests that Gorilla Accounting were previously SJD.

We all tend to write quickly in the modern world, as I say I'm not looking to criticise or argue anyone who is here to help, as NLUK is in this case. I simply got the wrong end of the stick from the sentence as written. Hope we can simply move on.

Comment

Btw some of your comments show a pedantic or autistic trait streak. This is an internet forum where people are generally posting while they should be working and often on a mobile phone which has autocorrect, therefore you will occasionally see incorrect grammar due to the complexity of the English language or due to the phone automatically changing words. As long as the poster isn't using text speak then you know they do care how they come across.
              You seem to have added this since I responded.

I'm surprised that you felt the need to do that. Also disappointed to see northernlad's response. Very strange stuff - but I'm only here to find an accountant then I will trouble you no more.

Comment

Bye.

Comment

You seem to have added this since I responded.

I'm surprised that you felt the need to do that. Also disappointed to see northernlad's response. Very strange stuff - but I'm only here to find an accountant then I will trouble you no more.
                  I'm writing on a mobile phone using the app.

Unlike using the forum on a laptop/desktop it doesn't update automatically.

So what is strange to you is normal to us who post from the mobile app as well as a laptop/desktop.

You haven't troubled me or NLUK, and I refer you back to the end of my other post.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm writing on a mobile phone using the app.

Unlike using the forum on a laptop/desktop it doesn't update automatically.

So what is strange to you is normal to us who post from the mobile app as well as a laptop/desktop.

You haven't troubled me or NLUK, and I refer you back to the end of my other post.
                    I don't know what point you're trying to make re update timing; what's unclear to me is why you're wading into this discussion at any time at all (a) apparently to 'defend' someone else (northernlad) and (b) when he wasn't under attack in any way.

You appear to feel that you can speak for him, and you both seem to feel the need to defend each other's every utterance, so it seems you have some kind of relationship but if you re-read you will see that my comments about use of English were clearly about professionals when they are doing their day job (in this case, accountants who are pitching for business, not forum users in general).

I'm not sure I accept the "My phone made me do it" excuse for poor English anyway, but it's not particularly relevant here partly because I would expect an accountant to be sitting at a desk using a computer, rather than doing their work on a phone. But mainly because, whatever tool they are using, they should make sure that the outcome is what they want it to be, since it reflects on them and their business when dealing with clients / prospects. That's standard professionalism.

The only discussion with n-lad was when I got the wrong impression from one sentence in his opening post. Nothing to do with the above, just that a difference of one word served to create ambiguity so I took the wrong meaning from it and asked a question... which then cleared it up. No complaint, no criticism, everything seemed fine... until your strange intervention appeared. And to be honest, his strange reaction to that as well.

Since this doesn't seem to be working out I've found other sites that have a large number of recommendations etc that I'll use. This place is much too hostile for me, I'm surprised any accountants ever get any business if this is how new people are treated.

Accountants: many thanks to those who responded, I won't be checking further messages here since I'll be deleting this account but I've responded to each of you privately and I will be in touch in due course. Please be assured that most IT people (at least 51%) are more professional in their day jobs than you'd believe from reading this forum!

Admin staff - if this account is still live when you read this it means I've been unable to delete it. I'd be grateful if you could do that for me. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Good luck to the accountant who signs this guy as a client 🙄

Comment

Working...
                      X