• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays not paying Expenses.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hays not paying Expenses.

Hays unwilling to invoice my company Fujitsu for unpaid expenses amounting to over £2000. This has been going on for over a year and Hays are really unhelpful and ignore all correspondence , numerous times i have emailed or telephoned <mod snip> and they are not interested.

The problems started when Fujitsu decided to drop Hays and set up all our contractor accounts with Lorien and ever since that has happened Hays have severed all ties with there contractors and there are over 10 people that are in the same situation as me maybe more. Fujitsu are more than happy to authorise payment but they need Hays to invoice them and all payments will be sorted.

I have tried asking Fujitsu if they can pay me direct but Hays were my employer during this period so that is not an option. So what are my options i would really appreciate some guidance on what my options are as its a big chunk of cash that i could do with.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You want to be starting the legal ball rolling now after a year of non payment.

Recorded delivery mail would be the first step settting out a repayment deadline (7 days is what I would offer) is something you should do today. If they ignore it send another recorded mail referencing the first mail and giving them another 7 days before the legals start.

I don't know how legals start in England (making assumptions there) but here is is a fairly easy process.

Hays are a bunch of tits and after screwing me over a couple of years ago I will not talk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cella View Post
      Hays unwilling to invoice my company Fujitsu for unpaid expenses amounting to over £2000. This has been going on for over a year and Hays are really unhelpful and ignore all correspondence , numerous times i have emailed or telephoned <mod snip> and they are not interested.

The problems started when Fujitsu decided to drop Hays and set up all our contractor accounts with Lorien and ever since that has happened Hays have severed all ties with there contractors and there are over 10 people that are in the same situation as me maybe more. Fujitsu are more than happy to authorise payment but they need Hays to invoice them and all payments will be sorted.

I have tried asking Fujitsu if they can pay me direct but Hays were my employer during this period so that is not an option. So what are my options i would really appreciate some guidance on what my options are as its a big chunk of cash that i could do with.

Thanks in advance for your help.
      Are you an employee or a contractor? Your business relationship is with Hays, if your expenses and timesheets have been signed off by the client at the time then it's not your fault if Hays haven't billed Fujitsu. Have you thought about going through small claims?

Also, did you opt in or out with Hays?
      In case of emergency, break dance.

Comment

Expenses Resolved.

Been in contact with Mike Beresford of Hays and all my outstanding expenses have now been paid. I have to say this was dealt with in a very professional manner and very happy this has now been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Cella View Post
          Been in contact with Mike Beresford of Hays and all my outstanding expenses have now been paid. I have to say this was dealt with in a very professional manner and very happy this has now been resolved.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hays are really unhelpful and ignore all correspondence
            I have to say this was dealt with in a very professional manner
            ???????
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Brilliant....
              Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Same issue with myself

I can confirm that Paul now has his expenses paid and It has been stated that they will pay mine but this was now over a week ago and nothing has been received. I have sent the relevant documentation to Mike but not even had a reply to advise if all is in hand. It seems that the only way to get resolution is to post in this arena but I am really amazed that this has dragged on now for over a year despite weekly attempts and multiple emails and calls made. You would think that with the FJ contract coming up for renewal shortly they would not have items of this nature hanging over them but I suppose that is 'big business' mannerisms.
                Well here's hoping they can resolve my account as quick as Paul's.

Comment

Who is Paul?

Frankly, regardless of the competency of an agency, if they don't pay by the due date, I start dunning immediately. It'll have been to court well within 12 months. What on earth have you been doing all this time?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Surely if you incur an expense such as flights to a meeting you bill the client? Unless this isn't the client paying for incidental expenses such as regular hotel costs, travel and subsidence? Which surely is a pointer toward employment?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X