• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loans from EBTs and other Trusts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MMSguru View Post
    Hopefully this is the right thread for this question. Does anyone know why APNs haven't been issued for loan/EBT users?
    You serious?

APNs for various EBT schemes have been coming for 3 months if not more.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

APNs

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      You serious?

APNs for various EBT schemes have been coming for 3 months if not more.
      Ok thanks DotasScandal. I've been with MP, and have received APNs for 05/06, 06/07 and 07/08, but nothing yet for 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, etc.
      http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Tax avoidance letter from HMRC

Hello All,

I have received a tax avoidance letter for FY 2011-12 in the last 2 weeks reg the tax avoidance as I was with AML Loan agreement (I was only with them for an year and moved on), I didn’t even realised it was illeagal.

I have emailed AML reg this and they haven’t come back to me yet on this.

I was go through the forums and I can see there were few people in the same situation as mine in the past, so can you please advise me whats the best option for me to do in this situation and what was the outcome in each of your cases?

Any sort of information is highly appreciated in this regards.

Many Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Raj121279 View Post
          Hello All,

I have received a tax avoidance letter for FY 2011-12 in the last 2 weeks reg the tax avoidance as I was with AML Loan agreement (I was only with them for an year and moved on), I didn’t even realised it was illeagal.

I have emailed AML reg this and they haven’t come back to me yet on this.

I was go through the forums and I can see there were few people in the same situation as mine in the past, so can you please advise me whats the best option for me to do in this situation and what was the outcome in each of your cases?

Any sort of information is highly appreciated in this regards.

Many Thanks in advance.

Cheers
          Please note that is isn't/wasn't illegal. There is plenty of information on here to bring you up to date. Continue to chase AML and take independent Tax Advice.
          STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Lutea are chasing me from 2002

Originally posted by regron View Post
            Please note that is isn't/wasn't illegal. There is plenty of information on here to bring you up to date. Continue to chase AML and take independent Tax Advice.
            Any updates on this subject?

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              Perhaps, in which case I'm probably being very dim.

We are not advising settle on any terms except our own.
              I'm not surprised given the £1500 you stand to make per client. That's 1.5 million if 1000 take it. Not to mention the £15 per month and being in prime position to handle enquiry work. Who's running the scheme now Webberg? Funny how your idea to "help" contractors has turned into such a money spinner for you. Funnier still how many people fell for it.
              Last edited by cojak; 11 October 2017, 18:45. Reason: Moved to allow through.

Comment

Originally posted by Cityampm View Post
                I'm not surprised given the £1500 you stand to make per client. That's 1.5 million if 1000 take it. Not to mention the £15 per month and being in prime position to handle enquiry work. Who's running the scheme now Webberg? Funny how your idea to "help" contractors has turned into such a money spinner for you. Funnier still how many people fell for it.
                There are effectively 2 choices. Pay HMRC or get BG to represent you.

Personally I think the chances of success against HMRC are very slim. However I said that about NTRT and was proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  There are effectively 2 choices. Pay HMRC or get BG to represent you.

Personally I think the chances of success against HMRC are very slim. However I said that about NTRT and was proved wrong.
                  What was the NTRT success?

Comment

Originally posted by Cityampm View Post
                    Interesting.

Apologies for the late response as I've been away for a few days.

We have always been open and transparent about what we charge.

The settlement fee is for those who joined us after 31st July 2016 only. If you joined before then, you continue at £18 a month until we settle or you choose to leave.

The settlement fee is payable in instalments spread until April 2019.

We have always told those joining us that we offer no guarantees of settlement - how could we when HMRC are in such chaos?

We have however been consistent in our view that defending many of the schemes on their original "QC advice" was never going to be an effective plan. As we see some of those opinions being tested over the next few months in Tribunal, we will have some benchmark to judge if we are right or not.

If we are, then we offer an alternative. Talk to us, discuss it and if you don't like it, there is no pressure to join.

You are clearly correct in that 1,000 x 1,500 is a lot of money. Once we have paid our staff salaries and rent and other costs, it is somewhat reduced. If we find ourselves with more overhead than income, bear in mind that the above fee is fixed. We will not be asking for more.

Also ask yourself, where are those who made considerably more from these arrangements? With one notable exception, not in sight.

True that some are acting as advisers and they have their own strategy and pricing structure. As with all things in life, you pays your money and takes your choice. I'm sure that they can explain their plans for themselves and don't need (or want) my opinion.

I'm sure your post is meant to be a warning for people to be wary of my motives. Fair enough. We are a commercial outfit and we want to make a profit after paying our way. We also saw that contractors were in a poor scenario a few years back with no access to the sort of level of advice and help needed and not really organised to go and get it. We saw that an adviser with a sensible idea for how to resolve the position could attract clients.

We studied that opportunity and very deliberately sought to address some of the problems mentioned in this forum. Hidden fees, additional advice fees, no transparency as to strategy, missing promoters, lack of information, HMRC strategies, etc. We have sough to address these (and other) issues and whilst you may think we have failed in some areas, I would disagree.

Clearly, you have a point as we are a commercial firm.

Clearly, potential users of our services should satisfy themselves that what we offer is credible and value for money.

If however your point is that we have cynically exploited a group that has already been subject to possibly having been deceived as to the schemes used, I totally reject that.

Call us and discuss the facts and report the facts, otherwise, yours is just an uninformed opinion that is no better than some of those we see in our files from the promoters of schemes.

Happy to discuss the position here but only if you step out of the anonymity of a forum name, get the facts from us and base any conclusion you reach on those facts. We are open and transparent and all we ask is that you match us.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Well said Webberg. I am not a client of yours and never likely to be. But in this chaotic situation where everyone else who "offered to help" appears to have an agenda which involves milking the greedy/naive scheme users for even more revenue, I find your approach refreshingly honest and open. Other opinions etc are of course available, that is mine and I have no vested interest in saying so.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X