• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proposal to strike off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you might find somebody propared to do it on a contingent basis. Ok, it means you won't see all the money if sucessful but it also means no costs if not. Try your local CAB, they may know people who are prepared to undetake on this basis in your area.

Comment

Hi Wildcard

I think you are in a similar position to myself - unfortunately the law seems stacked against us and there appear to be endless - legal - ways that this sort of employer can with hold what is rightfully yours.

This started for me in November when work suddenly was not given to me - nobody had the decency to even finish me.

I have explored all avenues that I can find, and now await an employment tribunal hearing.

Assuming, like me, you don't have endless funds available for legal action, I think there comes a time when yo have to say I'm never going to see that money and forget it - even if you do have endless funds you are, as you say, only going to throw good money after bad, such are the stupid laws in this country!

I was lucky enough to find other work - very low paid and not particularly what I want, but at least I do get paid and am gradually getting myself back ontrack. I won't kid you it's easy - it's not - you feel as though you want to go and 'get' him - don't even think about it, YOU - not him - will end up in trouble!!

Good luck and keep smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X