• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stakeholder pension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stakeholder pension

What's the forumers views on a Brookson stakeholder pension for a 50 odd year old?

Originally posted by Wallsy View Post
    What's the forumers views on a Brookson stakeholder pension for a 50 odd year old?
    I have no view on Brookson, but ask yourself some questions.

What is your attitude/appetite towards risk?
    Do you already have a pension elsewhere (e.g. Final Salary Pension Plan)?
    Are you prepared to make your own investment choices?
    Are you looking to make employee and employer based contributions?
    Have you considered other types of pension plans such as SIPP?

There are a lot of other questions you need to ask yourself, and you really need to speak to an IFA rather than us.

Stakeholder pensions are not for everyone, they aren't for me... too limited (in terms of investment choices).
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I know the minefield, toes have been blown off too many times. Just getting any feel from others before making any steps either way thanks.

Comment

I can recommend a financial adviser for you if yo uneed help with pension planning

Comment

Originally posted by Wallsy View Post
          I know the minefield, toes have been blown off too many times. Just getting any feel from others before making any steps either way thanks.
          My view is to avoid Stakeholder Pensions as they are a waste of investment. I would recommend going down the road of a SIPP, especially for a more diverse investment choices. I would seriously speak to an IFA before committing to any pension provider, but if you are looking for a recommendation (without accepting any blame), have a look at Hargreaves Lansdown | Best ISA & SIPP | Buy funds and shares.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            My view is to avoid Stakeholder Pensions as they are a waste of investment. I would recommend going down the road of a SIPP, especially for a more diverse investment choices. I would seriously speak to an IFA before committing to any pension provider, but if you are looking for a recommendation (without accepting any blame), have a look at Hargreaves Lansdown | Best ISA & SIPP | Buy funds and shares.
            WHS. Sippdeal are better/cheaper for dealing shares directly (rather than funds). I use them mainly because I have a penchant for buying BP shares at round about £6 a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              WHS. Sippdeal are better/cheaper for dealing shares directly (rather than funds). I use them mainly because I have a penchant for buying BP shares at round about £6 a pop.
              Does Sippdeal provide opportunities to take part in IPO's of private companies in thier SIPP?

But going back to the OP, it is difficult for us to recommend any one pension plan / provider, as it is dependant on age, attitude to risk and number of other factors. It is key that you speak to an IFA about your requirements and which provider to go with.

Comment

i would avoid anything to do with Brooksons.

but for pension i recommend SIPPs from HL!

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post

but for pension i recommend SIPPs from HL!
                  +1.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                    Never heard such a high praise for any company in my life.

Comment

Working...
                    X