• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay-as-u-go PI insurance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay-as-u-go PI insurance?

Evenin,
    Need Public Liability (5mil) and Professional Indemnity (1mil) insurance for next role.
    Could you please point me to a company that does Pay-as-you-go insurance or an equivalent.

Had a search on here but not found anything.
    Hope u can help..thanks

Admin note: professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance available here :-)
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 October 2011, 14:38.

Originally posted by Olly View Post
    Evenin,
    Need Public Liability (5mil) and Professional Indemnity (1mil) insurance for next role.
    Could you please point me to a company that does Pay-as-you-go insurance or an equivalent.

Had a search on here but not found anything.
    Hope u can help..thanks
    Seriously type "pay as you go professional indemnity insurance" into Google or Bing or somesuch..... I am willing to bet you'll get some results!

Comment

I did....amusingly the only relevant link on the first page was the agency through which the contract is through.

Comment

I did....amusingly the only relevant link on the first page was the agency through which the contract is through.
        Well I get (No sniggering) "Hiscox"..... thats not a recommendation just a statement.

Comment

Did you try Coulson Pritchard (coulsonpritchard.com, I think)
          I know that they offer IR35 insurance as well as PI, but not sure whether they do pay as you go. Check 'em out

Comment

Remember that PI works on when the claim is made, not when you did the work. So if you're really worried that you did a bad job you ought to have PI in place for a year or 2 after you've done the work.

ZED.

Comment

PI is a big fat waste of money. You need to pay while you are working, and for six years afterwards. That could be £3000.

Most contractors only have it because they think it shows they are a 'proper business', outside of IR35.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                PI is a big fat waste of money. You need to pay while you are working, and for six years afterwards. That could be £3000.

Most contractors only have it because they think it shows they are a 'proper business', outside of IR35.
                Yes BUT...... What if they are RIGHT?? £3000 might seem cheap then eh??

I do "love" people who make sweeping proclamations like that!!

He didn't ask for your opinion on PI.... just where to get it PAYG......

Comment

I'm only getting insurance to fulfill contract obligations, all other considerations are mute (as far as I'm concerned)

Comment

I'm only getting insurance to fulfill contract obligations, all other considerations are mute (as far as I'm concerned)
                    moot - Shirley?
                    Wouldn't say its strictly correct usage but I assume you don't mean "unable to speak"

Comment

Working...
                    X