• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bedouin - anybody come across them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedouin - anybody come across them?

Went out yesterday at lunch and there was a Bedouin Group marketing team advertising that they can organise contracts such that the contractor retains 85%!

Too good to be true I thought, and then read the thread on Consulting Overseas and went very cold! Although it would be a shame to pass up such an increase in take home..... Anyone looked into the scheme?

Originally posted by Old Timer View Post
    Went out yesterday at lunch and there was a Bedouin Group marketing team advertising that they can organise contracts such that the contractor retains 85%!

Too good to be true I thought, and then read the thread on Consulting Overseas and went very cold! Although it would be a shame to pass up such an increase in take home..... Anyone looked into the scheme?
    No I think they are well above board, in fact if you sign up, can you mention my name so that I make a grand out of you http://www.bedouingroup.com/whisper.php

Im looking for a backup plan B at the moment and Bedouin pimp could be it.

Seriously, another offshore (IOM) outfit that will leave you holding the baby when HMRC say 'no' IMO.
    PZZ

Comment

...looks like their web site needs a PHP guy/gal, so get your CV over now if this rings any bells with you...

PZZ

Comment

If you work in the UK, you are a UK tax resident and your contract is inside IR35 you are liable for income tax and national insurance contributions. 'Schemes' that offer a very high take home pay are under extremely close scrutiny from HMR&C and, despite the promises of the companies concerned, if they declare the scheme illegal you will be liable for all underpaid taxes. IMHO working through a scheme with a 'guaranteed 85%' retention is the equivelent to selling your cow for a handful of beans!
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Well Old Timer - you might think it's "too good to be true", but let me tell you this is an opportunity too good to miss!!!

Just mention my name when you sign up and they will give you a special deal.
          Last edited by ace00; 29 June 2009, 08:23. Reason: yes
          Bored.

Comment

Try looking at

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...hlight=bedouin

Another bargepole needed.
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              If you work in the UK, you are a UK tax resident and your contract is inside IR35 you are liable for income tax and national insurance contributions. 'Schemes' that offer a very high take home pay are under extremely close scrutiny from HMR&C and, despite the promises of the companies concerned, if they declare the scheme illegal you will be liable for all underpaid taxes. IMHO working through a scheme with a 'guaranteed 85%' retention is the equivelent to selling your cow for a handful of beans!
              Don't say that!!! Jack got a hen that laid golden eggs and lived a happy and rich life until he died.....

It's more like going to Thailand and offering to smuggle a few kilos of cocaine for a couple of grand because airport security won't catch you, honest guvnor...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Timer View Post
                Went out yesterday at lunch and there was a Bedouin Group marketing team advertising
                What? In Subway? Pret? KFC? Or is it a big campaign running in Wetherspoons?

I think you had sandwiches.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                  Don't say that!!! Jack got a hen that laid golden eggs and lived a happy and rich life until he died.....

It's more like going to Thailand and offering to smuggle a few kilos of cocaine for a couple of grand because airport security won't catch you, honest guvnor...
                  Are you sure Ardesco - feel sure there was mention of a big plant with a homicidal maniac at the top

Good analogy - although I think it would be topped off with a big sign saying 'I am not a drug smuggler.....promise'
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Not at KFC or Maccas, they were at Toast festival. I saw them on Sunday at the Aussie day. Who would want to talk about tax when you're there to sample as many fine Aussie wines, beers and roo burgers as you can fit in? Seemed like a waste of time and money on their part to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X